Can't seem to reduce blood pressure.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Blood pressure been high for 3 weeks just in one arm after chest pains, was finally ok for 2 days, then gone up again after chest pains again. Is 195 over 112 ok to ignore. Currently awaiting an ecg as slight murmur found. Should I just wait , is that figure ok to ignore for the moment ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello meer - I'm having a similar problem to you. I was alerted to my high BP following a couple of dizzy turns- it was 216/105. I immediately started taking some new pills that had been prescribed a couple of month previously but a few days later there was no improvement so I rang a GP who told me to collect a higher dose prescription stay indoors, have complete rest and in the event of any chest pain, headache or breathlessness go straight to A&E. I've now taken the increased dose for 15 days and am getting readings of between 168/82 and 186/81 - had hoped for better than this on the increased dose.

So to answer your question, according to my GP you should not ignore the chest pain but go straight to A&E. Good luck!

• Posted

Definitely do not ignore this reading, I agree with Mrs O.
  • Posted

Meer

Please take the advice given and go to your local hospital - better safe than sorry. You can be assured if they are satisfied you are not in any danger they will send you home but please do not take any risks.

• Posted

Definitely agree with the above ...go to A and E as you have chest pains ...or at the very least try 111 and ask them ... but yes it is high.

Hope all goes well

• Posted

Thank you all for advice. I was a bit slow to do anything and ended up collapsed with a paramedic, but

things moving on now so hopefully will get sorted quickly now.

• Posted

Meer

I am glad to hear things will get sorted out for you now - will be thinking of you over the Christmas period and please keep us updated on your progress.

Hopefully 2014 will be a better year for you health wise.

• Posted

Meer

It's good to hear from you but so sorry to hear that things got to such a serious stage before intervention. I do hope all goes well for you now but please keep in touch to let us know how you are - I will also be most interested as my high BP is still not responding well even to higher dose medication. Wishing you and everyone else 'looking in' a happy and peaceful Christmas and a healthy New Year.

MrsO

• Posted

Meer,

make sure you take care of yourself ..and have a lovely Christmas. Hope 2014 get of to a better start.

Amsjo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.