Can't shed a tear😥

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been very anxious and depressed the past couple of weeks, I am overwelmed with all sort of perimenopause symptoms that I wish I could cry my eyes out and see if I could release all that I feel inside, but I can't!!! Why is this happening???😭😭😭😭

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you think your just fed up and just realized you just can't cry about it any longer?  There has been a few times that I'm like that-- I should cry and wanted to cry BUT for some reason I couldn't.  I just thought I accepted whatever it was and moved on.

• Posted

Maria,

I understand completely. It’s like the mental and physical pain has taken over to such a degree that the emotions are numb.  I’ve alwaus dealt with a little depression (since my early 20s), but peri has sent it into overdrive and it’s like I’m so overwhelmed with all the symptoms that I can’t function. I feel like crying all the time, but I just don’t.  Is it possible to be so upset by all of this and it is so debilitating it robs you of expressing any feelings externally?

I’m so sorry you are going through this, but know you are not alone. Best wishes for better health and big hugs—Sarah

• Posted

Yes.. that's it!!  Just feeling 'numb' from all of it!!  But perhaps since I can't cry I get moody and it comes out that way!

• Posted

I am the same. I wish I could have one big long from the gut crying session as maybe it would make me feel better...but I seem to be stuck on auto pilot. Plus not being able to cry seems to come in form of being grumpy a lot.

Sorry that you are going through this 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.