Can't sleep

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 10 weeks post operation and thought I was doing fine but seem to have gone back today. I have been out for a meal today and was in some pain because I am used to sitting with my leg elevated. My knee was squashed under the table and felt like it was in a vice. I can't sleep to

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joan - I am sure the sleeping pattern will return to normal soon.  I went through the first four months waking up every one or two hours, stretching leg straight, perhaps having a walk to the bathroom, doing ankle exercises and eventually going back to sleep again.  If I had a three hour sleep, I thought it was wonderful.  Some wise person posted on this site to indicate that this is your body's way of making sure that we move frequently to avoid stiffening up too much.  I really do remember having to work very hard to straighten my leg every time I woke up.  At the time I just accepted that this is how it was going to be. However, the good news is that I started sleeping longer and my normal sleep pattern returned after about four months.  When I wake up now, I do not have the same stiffness at all but I always take the opportunity of straightening out my leg whilst I am awake.  Best of luck with the rest of your recovery. x 
  • Posted

Hi joan

i am coming up 10 weeks.

each night I dread because my eyes and body are tired but "the leg" wants to do different 

i have at least been able to move from sleeping on my back to short sessions on each side, lovely when first changing position but after an hour my leg wakes me stiff ,heavy and uncomfortable.

i think it is par for the course, and worse after a busy day,! 

But it it's done now!!!!   So at least we are moving forward and will not remember our moans  next year. , hopefully!!

i follow with interest and judge my own recovery based on all the posts, and likewise back to shopping and most of all pegging the washing out !!   So frustrating watching my husband - lol. 

Good of luck to all and hopefully joan we will be the experienced advisors soon.  Lol.  

Sue x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.