Can't sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've stayed up, can't sleep now. I've tried to, but I have this feeling that makes me forget to breathe, and when I do remember I breathe. Also I've been feeling this tightness when I inhale, (when I'm laying in bed ) I sit up and take a big breath because it feels so tight. This happens when I'm very tired, I don't know what to do. I'm scared to sleep now.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Breathing is an automatic thing we do, we live to breathe the body protects itself to take certain actions to survive. 

There are many automatic things we do automatically without noticing. When you sleep the body is still working automaticaly it breathes for you.

If you have that fear and you are frightened to to your GP, He will give support and try and help

Qaeo, do not worry, we are always here

• Posted

Yes that's a feeling I think we all have gotten before and it does feel like if you fall asleep you will stop breathing but our bodies are designed to breathe even when sleeping its hard.to believe but you'll be okay its just another one of Anxiety's scary symptoms it will.pass just like the rest its only a matter of time.

• Posted

If you are feeling a tightness you are using your chest. Learn to use your belly. The breathes are deeper and calming. Bellybio app xan teach you.

the only saving Grace here is when you are asleep your anxiety bully isnt worrying about breathing. Happily it goes on auto pilot most always, probably better to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.