Can't sleep and have rapid heart beat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok so this has only happened overnight so far, im on holiday with my friends and one night after a night out, drinking sangria (no drugs) we came back about 2am and I couldn't sleep all night, my heart was beating at 100bpm most of he night and due to this I had a few panic attacks and couldn't stop crying. The night following I was exhausted but fine. Now tonight again I am struggling, I'm sure my heart is going at a similar pace and notice it as soon as I lie down. I was tired before but not any more. I had some nice food then a beer and glass of cava, but just can't calm down. What do I do? What's wrong? I go back home tomorrow morning so can see a doctor when I'm home, thanks guys xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long ago did you eat? Your HR will be a bit quicker for the digestion process. 60_100 is normal, and if you're only at 100 for a panic attack that's good. I've gotten up to 148 during some. Just relax.byoure fine, read a book, color, draw, if it happens again, let it. But do not get worried about it. Then you will make it get worse!
  • Posted

Try deep breathing using your diaphragm, three deep breath and try to feel your muscles and self relax.
  • Posted

I don't know if this is the case, but I know alcohol makes you sleepy (as we all know). but when the alcohol wears off, the sugar from the alcohol and the sangria kicks in and can make your heart race.  This happens to me every time I drink margaritas.  

• Posted

Drinks with alot of sugar especially sweet wines etc can lead to a fast pulse. I believe as strange as it might sound,its called happy heart syndrome and can be found on google.
  • Posted

It is possible you may have had your drink laced with a drug or the alcohol has led to a panic attack. or you had a heart problem which I am not so sure about

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.