Can't Sleep at all

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went 5 days without sleep a DR from nhs, gave me a prescription for 3 days for diazipam they make me feel horrible the next day after taking them even though they are low dose, I feel dizzy and sick the next day don't know  but what am I to do whe ave got none left. The DR won't prescribe me Diazipam due to them being addictive and hard to come off and a don't want to keep taking them either,  what else could i take that won't have the addictivness and are safe to take which will help me get more sleep if i can't do it on my own at the moment, I don't want to go another 5 days of no sleep it's horrible

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ive heard calms help its a herbal remedy.

These kind of things dont help me I need horse tranquilisers to make me sleep!!!cry

Or maybe research herbal sleeping remedies that you wont get addicted to

Sorry cant be of more help

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Will ask the DR on tuesday for that if it can be prescribed ets hope this herbel is prescribable and helps make me sleep 2mg of Diazipam does the trick but the fact that the drug is addictive I can't take it daily for to long sadly sad
  • Posted

I dont think you will get addicted to diazipram  in a few days and its a very small dose.

You can buy calms over the counter in health food  shops or chemistscool

• Posted

First of all....have you been diagnosed with anything? Anxiety? Post traumatic stress syndrome, substance abuse , something/anything? Second, diazepam will not make you addicted if administered correctly and tapered off properly at the end. This needs care and close monitoring by the prescribing doctor and unless they can watch over you they run the risk of you screwing up and they would be held responsible. So you need a doctor who can explore what is causing you to lose sleep and how best to treat it. If you are not being treated by your doctor can you ask for another one? Your insomnia needs to be treated while they are exploring the reasons for it so it should be someone who is able to prescribe treatment that will help. If such treatment is needed. According to my psychiatrist: noone should go for more than 2 days without sleep. Something is up. Find someone who will try to help. Best of luck.
    • Posted

I have really bad anxiety, Only been given 2mg of diazipam to last me for 3 days so should not make me addicted which is good got no clue whats up but am guessing it will be mainly due to my anxiety which is stopping me from sleeping and hope it's just that and nothign else .
    • Posted

The doctor should figure out what is causing your insomnia. Insomnia alone can aggrave anxiety to high levels. Once you are resting well youu will be better able to cope. Can you get referred to a psychiatrist perhaps?
    • Posted

Will need to ask the Dr to see fi he can refare me to someone like that, I know the counceling has already seen me all they really want to do is give me pills which in the logn run just mask the problem but awe well if they work they work in the end
    • Posted

depends which pills and how well they follow up on you. Medication gives you a break for a while until you regroup. Depending on the condition. Please speak to them and see what they can do for you. Right now you are better off following a therapy than going for days without sleep. Hope you get well fast!

• Posted

I would shoot for a melatonin supplement. Its safe and natural.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.