Can't sleep because of uti

Posted , 4 users are following.

HELLO..IM HAVING STRESSFUL NIGHT BECAUSE OF MY BLADDER.

EVERY 30 MINUTES I NEED TO PEE AND IT HURTS. IS THIS UTI? I CAN TOLERATE THE PAIN ON MY LOWER BACK BUT PAIN ON MY BLADDER IS UNBEARABLE SOMETIMES..AND MY DOCTOR IS OUT FOR CHRISTMAS..

IM NOT SEXUALLY ACTIVE THOUGH..

DONT KNOW IF ITS RELATED BUT I ALSO HAVE GERD FOR A YEAR NOW..

IM 26 STRUGGLING TO WORK AT DAY AND SLEEP AT NIGHT.. ANYONE KNOWS SOME PAIN RELIEF?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It definitely could be a uti, can you go to an urgent care and be tested or given antibiotics? If not, try a bladder analgesic like Azo, Uricalm or Uristat. I have interstitial cystitis and had several UTIs this past year and it's a real life- (and sanity!) saver. You could also try a heating pad, ibuprofen and avoid bladder irrirants until you're feeling better: no alcohol, caffeine or chocolate and stick to low acid foods. I hope this helps!

• Posted

JUST HAD MY VISIT TO ER CAUSE I'm REALLY IN PAIN..THEY INJECT ME A PAIN RELIEF..

HAD MY URINALYSIS AND ULTRASOUND..

BACTERIA AND PUS WAS FOUND..

GIVEN ANTIBIOTIC FOR A WEEK...

I HOPE THIS WILL BE OVER SOON CAUSE IM REALLY SCARED HAVING ANXIETY DOESN'T HELP..

• Posted

THE PAIN ON MY BLADDER DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE AFTER TAKING ANTIBIOTICS BUT THE SUDDEN PAIN ON MY RIGHT LOWER BACK MAKES ME UNABLE TO WALK PROPERLY..IS THIS NORMAL? IS IT PART OF THE PROCESS? OR I NEED TO GO BACK TO ER AGAIN?..

• Posted

Go back to ER. It could be something to do with your kidney if the infection has travelled up from your bladder.

But it could also be something simpler like sciatica,which should be relieved by normal OTC painkillers like Ibuprofen. Does the pain travel down the back of your leg or over the hip?

• Posted

NO JUST MY LOWER RIGHT BACK WHICH IS PAINFUL..YESTERDAY IVE GONE BACK TO ER AND DOCTOR PERFORM AN ULTRASOUND AND THE RESULTS ARE ...ME HAVING NEPHROCALCINOSIS ON MY RIGHT KIDNEY THOUGH THE DOCTOR DIDNT BOTHER .AND ALSO HAVING CYSTITIS WITH DEBRIS ON MY BLADDER..DOCTOR JUST GAVE ME ANTIBIOTICS AND PAIN RELIEVER..

• Posted

trish,you must drink plenty of water to keep your kidneys flushed . Also cut down on salty foods in your diet.

Do see your regular doctor as well. You will probably need further advice about this.

• Posted

THANKS MARINA

I ALREADY DRINKING 3-4 LITERS A DAY WHICH IS VERY HARD BECAUSE OF ME BEING COFFEE MANIA..MY 5 CUPS OF CAFFEINE BEFORE NOW EVEN A SIP NONE..IM ALSO ON MY SALAD DIET WHICH IS SO HARD FOR ME BEING A MEAT LOVER...THOUGH I CANT EXERCISE BECAUSE OF MY BUSY WORK..IM REALLY TRYING BECAUSE IM SO SCARED AND IM STILL IN PAIN..MY DOCTOR ADVICE ME TO RETURN AFTER MY FIRST WEEK OF ANTIBIOTICS..

• Posted

right lower back could be your kidney Trisha. Given the pain in your bladder and urge to urinate frequently, it sounds to me like you might be having kidney stones. What baffles me is that in this case they should have seen it with the ultrasound. Did they check those parts as well?

• Posted

AFTER THOSE TEST THE DOSTOR JUST SAID THAT ITS INFECTION..

THE PAIN RELIEVER THAT THE DOCTOR GAVE HELPS..I CAN WORK NOW AND DOESNT FEEL ANY PAIN ON MY LOWER BACK..

• Posted

Am glad to know you feel a lot better. What did the doc prescribe? If I may ask

• Posted

CElECOXIB 200 FOR PAIN AND CIPROFLOXACIN 500 FOR ANTIBIOTICS AND TUMS FOR MY GERD

• Posted

That is quite a lot of antibiotics. Be sure to take Fluconazole when you finish the antibiotic treatments.

Are you taking any vitamins?

• Posted

NOPE THOUGH A MONTH BEFORE I AM TAKING FISH OIL CAP..BUT I STOPPED BCAUSE OF THIS...

• Posted

Given your condition, I definitely recommend you start taking vitamins or natural supplements to support your health.

• Posted

Trisha, it appears your last comment has been deleted.

It will be best to consult your doctor but I will advice you to research into D-Mannose. This is a natural extract from herbs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.