Can't sleep feel like I'm going crazy!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been suffering from anxiety for the past 5 weeks, I've had some good days and some really bad. For the past few nights I haven't been able to sleep properly as I begin to fall asleep my mind starts racing with random thoughts and conversations sometimes I hear my children's voices as if I'm talking to them and their replying or I say things in a weird way like when ur playing with ur kids and say something in a funny voice, well I do that a lot when I'm awake too and when I do that before falling asleep I get scared and literally have a panic attack which stops me from sleeping. I've just started drinking chamomile tea and am waiting for a letter to begin CBT but right now I'm scared to take any medication! Does anyone else get these weird thoughts when falling asleep?

I literally have been crying my eyes out thinking I'm schizophrenic and I'm so scared!! I have so much to live for I don't want to be locked up in a mental institute. This all came about after witnessing my sisters mental health go down and she was sectioned due to polymorphic psychotic disorder.

Please someone reach out to me I'm so scared I'll never be the person I was before all of this ??????

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Im so sorry about all thats going on with your sister and you. It is scary. How is she doing? The diagnosis doesnt sound so pleasant. Are you taking any medications for your stress? Have you seen your own doctor on this? have you got any other family members around for support?  
    • Posted

Thank you for ur reply!

My sisters still not well I feel like I've lost her as she's so different now and I cab hardly speak to her as I'm overcome with grief and my own anxiety!

I've been to see my doctor and he referred me to do CBT just waiting for a start date etc. He offered me meds but I declined as I don't like the sound of the side effects. I have a lot of support from family members I don't go too much into detail with friends but my mum has anxiety so I always talk to her about what's on my mind. Thanks a lot for replying I really appreciate it!

• Posted

Bronya you are without a doubt traumatized from all this is there anyone you can speak too professionally to work with you. Maybe a great idea now as it is only been five weeks. They can explain all this to you and assess you and work with you to help you relax.  If this is trama and you catch it now and get help to walk thru all this maybe it will help you get back to yourself. 
    • Posted

I am, ur right that's how I feel too!

There's no one professionally at the moment I have a 2-5 week wait for CBT. I really do hope this can all go away as I feel I can't see my sister or speak to her and it's not fair on her it's not her fault.

Anyway thank you so much for the advice!

• Posted

darling you say you are frightened of meds yes they have side effects initially and the do make you feel worse but after the fourth week or so they kick in and they start to work you just have to ride it but i promise you they work but its your choice my lovely nobody can make you take them CBT is very good im 53 and its the first time i have had it but it has helped me so much I don't think i will be "cured" but i am learning to cope a lot better and think differently. I am sorry for you witnessing what your sister has gone through it can't have helped your anxiety at all there are lots of people on here who will support you try and keep strong my love

• Posted

Thank you, I understand it takes time but if I take meds how will I ever overcome it naturally? I'm gonna see how CBT goes or I may need counselling I'm not sure but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my 24 years of life!

Thank you for sharing ur story with me I really appreciate it!

• Posted

This is not a disease that one can get over. It is a condition to be dealt with. There are degrees of anxiety and types of anxiety. Some people live their whole lives handling it well, others need medication, some need meds "as needed." Although the symptoms are amazingly alike in everyone....not everyone's body, mind and emotions are alike.

Take it one day at a time. Do yourself a favor and do not focus on the distant "maybe" or "what if" future. Put all that focus and intelligence in the right now. I believe you trust in yourself. If you also believe in a higher power, put a big bunch of trust there, too, Bronya. Sending you a big kiss on the cheek.

Stay with this forum...you will learn many things you can do to help yourself. All is well.wink

• Posted

As to drugs and side effects. Yes, many take time to kick in and may have side effects. But, just because side effects are listed does not mean you will have any. My meds kicked in within a couple of days and the only side effect is dry mouth occasionally. However.....with blood pressure, we had to change quite a few times until..no side effects.
    • Posted

Thank you for ur advice, sorry for the delayed reply!

Your right about meds, I just am not ready to take them yet especially because since this post I've had both good and bad days!

I am definitely here to stay! I like to read a lot about what others are going through & it really helps to know I'm not alone. I'm beginning to accept it's anxiety and not schizophrenia & this has helped tremendously! The weird random thoughts are still there but my physical symptoms have subsided.

Thank you again for ur support & advice I hope ur well!!

• Posted

Thank you, Bronya. I also learned a lot scrolling through other anxiety discussions in this forum. The hardest thing for everyone to accept is that this is indeed anxiety.

The random thoughts, I have learned to tell them...you are just a thought and not real, so shut up and go away, sometimes many times a day...now I just have to say shut up, and they do. wink

It sounds like you are doing well. I am proud of you. We are all here for each other, the greatest support there is for us.

I am doing better each day, with an occasional step back, which doesn't last long because of the caring people here. Glad you are with us, dear one.

• Posted

I definitely agree, I see that a lot in health anxiety sufferers. I don't mind the physical symptoms too much, it's the mind chatter and random thoughts that scare me! I am doing exactly that, recognised that they are just thoughts and do no harm so I just let them be.

Awww thank you so much I really appreciate ur kind words, I'm so glad u reached out to me and took the time to reply to my post. I cannot thank you enough!

Wishing you all the best in life ?

• Posted

Anytime, dear Bronya, anytime. You sound like a lovely, courageous, positive person, anyone would be blessed to know.confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.