Can't sleep feeling anxious and depressed

Posted , 16 users are following.

For few days I can't sleep at night although I'm very tierd. I have all thise negative toughts like I will never fall asleep or nothing can help me so my heart starts to beat very fast and my mind can't shut down so I start to shake and have panic attacks and I just can't calm down. And during the day i feel anxious too just because I can't stop thinking about it. Nothing interest me and I feel helpless ans scared all the time.

Can someone help me! 

4 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Me too!

Cant sleep feeling anxious.

Lots of negative thoughts..feeling almost like i cant feel my body.

Just very tired and hungry but cant sleep or eat.

• Posted

I feel the same way. I just can't eat for days. Are you visiting a doctor or taking some pills. Did you find something to help you? 
  • Posted

Guess i can help you by saying you're not alone.

Are you religious?

Praying helps.

If not maybe try writing down your thoughts and distract by doing art or coloring.

Download an addictive game and play it all the time to distract your mind.

Indulge in it and you will stop feeling anxious.

• Posted

Hi!

How long have you been feeling this way? Did anything trigger it? Are you doing any treatments?

• Posted

Been feeling like this for 5 mths now.

At the moment i am particularly anxious about meeting up with cardiologist for an appointment.

Just pray and hope for everything to be healthy and fine.

I started worrying about my heart ever since i woke up from the nightmare with my first panic attack.

Ever since then i cant stop worrying and the symptoms definitely makes it worst.

So tmr im getting a second opinion on my heart to reassure me everything is okey.

Then if everything is fine,i will have my first counselling session soon i guess.

Im 23 female,married with child.

You?

• Posted

For 3 days now. I've been to the doctor they gave me some shots for my nervs and i fell asleep and I will be consulting with a psychiatrist tommorow. But i think I'm the only one how can realy help me. I just want to be able to control my thoughts and feelings but I just can't find a way how
    • Posted

I'm 25 and single and everything is just fine with my life. I have a perfect family, a good boyfriend, money, I work. But for some reason I can't stop the negative toughts in my head. I  just can't control myself and i feel i'm lossing my mind 
    • Posted

Hang in there.

Me too i often feel helpless and all i can do is to cry the whole day.

I have lost a lot of weight now i look like a 15 year old girl.

Its depressing.

I have to care for my son and sometimes i just feel very guilty that i cant do the things i use to do for my family.

My husband has been very understanding but i feel bad.

Tomorrow i made a promise to my husband and most importantly to myself that if the cardiologist give me assurance that heart is healthy and fine then i will drop this whole anxiety thing and try my best to be a better person that before.

Better mum for my precious son and better wife for my husband.

• Posted

Hope everything is going to be ok tomorrow and you will feel better. tell me how do you cope with your anxiety do take some medication?? are you vistting a psychiatrist or you do something else??
    • Posted

Thank you very much.

As for me i have yet to go for any counselling as such.

So far i have been trying to control it myself and try to talk to myself and convince myself it will just be temporary.

But im not doing such a good job as i feel im am spiralling down to the point that i cant do simple things like eat or drink

I feel like if i do such things that i will trigger a heart attack or somethint serious like that.

I just had a couple of buscuits and i feel like crap now.

So i really hope that everything comes out positive tomorrow so that i can have the reassurance that i am healthy.

Perhaps knowing that will boost my self confidence to push towards a more positive side

• Posted

I'm doing the same thing convincing myself that everything is going to be ok that is just temporary, but I feel so helpless at times like no one can help me not even doctors. hope you gat yor reassurance and get well for you and your family 
    • Posted

I went to get my ecg done at a private gp and he was a relief doc.very young guy.

I suppose he's rather inexperience with reading ecgs.

He did mine and concluded some so called abnormilities which me nor husband actually see.

The pattern looks consistent and similar to the ones before but he said that it seem abit off.

My husband is a biomedical engineer and he learn these things and he told me mine looks very normal in fact it looked like a young person's heart which is strong and healthy.

My brother is also a medic and he told me mine is normal.

But this doc he told me nothing to worry.

Like in order to confirm such abnormality the results must fulfill 4 criteria but mine is just one very insignificant criteria so it may just be very normal.

But i have anxiety and when i hear theres such posibilties i felt very upset and broke down.

So my husband told me he'll bring me to a experienced cardiologist to review.

He told me the doc just very young and inexperience.

But you know us,anxiety patients wouldnt be able to digest such replies even if it means it not significant.

Thats causing me alot of anxiety now.

I just wished the doc can be honest,if he doesnt know how to read ecg he shouldnt be providing such service in the first place.

• Posted

Read lucinda basset..she has books along with an attacking anxiety program ..i dont work for her,but bought the program and it worked for me.
  • Posted

Sounds like you have some depression as well as anxiety..see a doctor and tell them everything..you might want to consider counseling,medication or both.Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

I've been to the doctor they gave me some shots for my nervs and i fell asleep but i don't want to take antidepressants because I think thay change your personality. I have a consultation with a doctor tommorow but I just feel that no one can't help me but me.
    • Posted

I would not try a meds for years..well i finally did.The anxiety drug i am on now.My son takes antidepressants,once they found the right dose he feels sooo much better.No change in personaliry either.Just more at ease.my med has helped me alot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.