Can't sleep group!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Diet /healthy eating group/ nothing more dangerous than when you can't sleep!!! Every one in bed. Fast asleep!!!what do I have the terrible urge to  do?????? RAID THE FRIDGE!!!!!!!!! DANGER  ALERT !!!!!!!!   down the pan goes my last few days of healthy eating!!!!   And I had been so good!!!!!! What can I do?????so this is  why I have started my  own group!!!!! I'm sure there are lots of people out there who no exactly how I feel?????i had one of those days yesterday. ?you no what I mean???? Every thing goes wrong!!!!!,worry stress. Ect. sad

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Shame I do understand, its so hard to keep on the straight and narrow. I normally do treat myself but in small quantity than when I work add an extra 10mins to it or pig out day I add an extra hour to my work out.
    • Posted

Hi! Thank you for replying!!!when I have piged out I usually am extra good for the next couple of days!!! Yes it is hard to stay on the straight and narrow especialy when you love your food! I wish I could think an orange was a great big fresh cream cake!!!!!! biggrin
  • Posted

You can have cake - weight watchers sell frozen/fresh cakes that are well under the 5g rule. What did you pig out on? i hope it was low fat otherwise you will have side effects x
    • Posted

Hi britney!!!you have just made me giggle!!!when I read your message .thank you!!!!it was just what I needed!!!i piged out on!!!!confeshion time!!!!one brown bread roll with low fat cheese on !!!yogurt!!!and 2 biscuits!!!!!!!i now this morning feel so guilty!!!!!!i will look at weight watchers cakes thank you for telling me about them!!! But hey that was the bad news!!! The good news is I did not pig out on A BIG  CREAM CAKE lovexxxxbiggrin
    • Posted

Hi Roberta i know Asda and sainsburys sell them. If you look on their websites then the images will come up so you know what to look for. I have the fresh puddings with light custard from Sainsburys (find in custard aisle) or you can have sainsburys be good to yourself fresh custard.

Don't  feel guilty it's not like you ate 10 cakes! x

Also try frozen yogurt it's nicer than ice cream

x

• Posted

Frozen yogurt next buy iv never tryed that in my life!!!!!!!and asda and sainsburys here I come!!!!!!!!!!my local shop is a tesco!!!!seriously will let you know what I think of frozen yogurt!!!because I do miss my ice creamy  xxbiggrin
    • Posted

Hi Roberta the YooMoo brand is the nicest one personally i know Tesco do sell a frozen yogurt aswell though plus you can have sorbet x
  • Posted

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how many good days you have you will always focus on the bad ones if you don't accept that sometimes you slip.I've never been a good sleeper, and this has gotten worse as I've got older. For ages I tried fightening against the fridge calling, and cupboards, anywhere there was food really.

What has helped me the most is planning for the raid instead of biting my fingers off in useless frustration trying to beat it. I now have two - not low calorie snacks - in my days plan, so the damage is limited, I can get some sleep, and the weight is coming off, even if it is a bit more slowly. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

biggrinThanks Faye your quite right about the fridge calling!!!!!! it's so hard not to answer!!! ,,like you I have now put good snacks waiting eg cut fresh fruit!!instead of biscuit jar so as not to feel guilty!!!but on odd occasions I do fail miserably !!!!but now knowing I'll have to confess on site it makes me snack healthy and stick to fruit xoxfruit xox
  • Posted

Please try not to think that you have to 'confess' because you had a blip in your diet plan. For me, attempting to overide the urge for one treat by eating only healthy snacks just led to me eating all of the health stuff, but still craving the thing I'd wanted in the first place. But having the guilt free choice of one or two, or both of snacks that I really felt like took all that anxiety away, so that sometimes I really felt like just the fruit etc instead of 'false eating' which never worked anyway. 

• Posted

biggrinThanks Faye. For your kind thoughts . I know what you mean. The guilt comes on by knowing I should not have done that. Then all the other thoughts come in.but at least I am trying my best! And if I wasn't I just think I would be getting bigger all the time!!!
  • Posted

Try eating a spoonful of peanut butter before bed time.  It will stabalize your blood sugar levels for a few hours through the night, keeping your from getting those nasty cravings.  Keep in mind that 'natural' peanut butter is better due to having less processed sugar in it.  Also, don't eat more than a spoonful or maybe two.  Peanut butter is rather calorically dense and can be quite addictive if you don't restrain yourself!  Try it and see how it works!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.