Can't sleep more than 2 straight hours anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've had anxiety and panic attacks for years but now all of a sudden I'm short of breath all day long and when night time rolls around I can sleep at first due to the Short of breath and when I fall asleep I'm awake in 2 hours and can't go back to sleep I barely get any sleep I wake up every 2 hours and sometimes 2 hours is all I get

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brently,

I am exactly the same mate. It is infuriating. I head to bed at 10.30 and are awake by 12.30 . I have tried melatonin and tart cherry juice but don't seem to be having much effect. Whatever you do don't go near Zopiclone I have just got off that drug and the withdrawals are horrendous. All I can say is maybe try melatonin as it may just work for you.

• Posted

I'm actually sleeping thru the night now the past week has been much better

• Posted

Cpap machine helped me but it still happens at times.  I worked the night shift for many years and have a tough time sleeping at night anyway.  I try not to worry about it and end up with 6 hours of sleep a day somehow.  But lately, I am better because of the CPAP.  I managed to sleep 5 hours straight, up for one, took my meds, and got three more the other day.
  • Posted

How about using CBD oil, it helps many people with sleep and anxiety.

• Posted

Interesting you should say that, I am thinking of trying this oil. Do you take the capsules every day? Did you get any side effects?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.