Can't sleep so stressed out.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I suffered from Insomnia for years on and off. I'm going through a particularly bad time at the moment. I just want a good night's sleep. I can't concentrate eat sleep I have no inclination to do anything. My doctor won't prescribe me anything. Can anyone please help. By the way I've tried all techniques not drinking caffeine relaxing taking a bath milk only going to bed when tired I don't nap throughout the day.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Edana, I'm surprised your dr won't prescribe anything even on a short term basis.

I struggle getting off to sleep but use an over the counter sleep aid which tends to do the trick.

Neil 

• Posted

Hi Neil

Thanks for your reply. They have to be fair in the past they have. But because it's endless won't keep prescribing. I've tried over the counter sleep medications but they don't help me.

I'm glad they help you and others . Thankyou Edana

• Posted

I feel your pain Edana. As a.long term sufferer of chronic insomnia i know how difficult it is. Seek comfort that you are not alone. It will pass.
  • Posted

Can you try a herbal remedy for insomnia? Some use Magnesium . I don't personally find them much help either and try all the things they say to do but nothing helps.

Maybe switch Doctors? Some are not very helpful with problems like this...a chemist might suggest something too.. Mersyndol is a headache tablet over here that has a sedating effect or perhaps Phenergan, an anti histamine that has a sedating effect too could help short term..

• Posted

CHange dr and get medication to help you go through this hard period in your life

What s wrong with your Dr anyway?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.