Can’t sleep straight through the night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys so I been battling this insomnia since March I have no idea where it came from Prior to this I use to sleep so good now the problem is not going to sleep when I’m tired I fall asleep but find myself awake 2 hours later and this goes on all night so I wake fall back wake fall back it’s driving me crazy because I feel fuzzy headed all day and I’m pregnant so I’m worried about what it’s gonna do to the baby I’m at my wits end even if I could get 5 hours straight I would be greatful mentally falling apart 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sadly I don't have any advice on the matter, I can only say that I've been fighting the same battle for about two years now. I've had insomnia before in the sense that I had trouble fallung asleep, but once I would fall asleep, I would sleep for as long as I needed.

Now, this new kind of insomnia is real torture, and there's nothing I can do about it except take pills when I wake in the middle of the night, which I'm sure isn't the rifht option for anyone, especially for you due to your pregnancy.

I dont't think your lack of sleep will affect the baby in any way, it just makes your life harder.

• Posted

Yes it serious torture it’s like no trouble falling asleep I just wonder what is it that’s keeps waking me up it’s super annoying and being pregnant and can’t sleep it’s making pregnancy worse than pregnancy already is but thank you I’m sure one day it will resolve god willing 
  • Posted

Hey Sasha, each pregnancy can have different effects for us. I would suggest to try and take a short nap, even for 15 minutes, around noon time.

Try some calming nature sounds and keeping your eyes closed even if you haven't fallen asleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.