Can't stand being anxious and depressed again!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i had a bad bout of depression earlier this year so 4 months down the line and i felt good, have enjoyed work, had a few nights out with friends and felt happy again. amazing to feel like me again. so off work for Christmas break few days in and I'm anxious again. i just don't understand it. Have kept busy, seen family and friends. Today i'v felt a bit depressed. i terrified my life will fall apart again. I have not said to anyone yet as I hope it passes and I settle again.

My depression was kind of put down to menopause and this last couple of weeks I have had bad hot flushes again. It may be hormones but I am 57 and thought it would have settled by now.

Depression is the worst thing ever๐Ÿ˜”

Sorry I just had to get that all out my head.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Bless you I honestly think its alcohol and coming out of your routine as I've been exactly the same. It's not a nice feeling at all. I'm going to start a little bit of exercise in a morning and re start my journaling as I honestly think instead of worrying it's better to try and do something different to help.

I'm not sleeping great always waking up at 4am for what feels like ages. How is your sleep? any tips to manage this would be great thanks x

• Posted

It may well be being out of my routine. I thought having some time to relax and do things I want would be good for me but thats not the case. Could well be extra alcohol too. I dont drink loads but defo more than normal. I sleep ok thankfully, hope it continues too. I listen to relaxation in youtube and talking books, helps distract me.

I have family coming today for a buffet so busy which I used to like as it meant I was kept occupied. Hubby is crabbit, he gets upset at a houseful and so that worries me.

I hope your sleep improves and thanks for your reply. It helps hearing from someone ๐Ÿ’•

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.