Can't stand the pain much longer

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi. I am new to this forum I am 68 but started spondylitis when I was about 4/5yrs and got worse over the years and now I have it severe in L1 to L5 in my spine which is inoperable and even physiotherapist say they can't help me as it is so bad I am now completely disabled and while the condition is unbearable and many times I feel I just can't tolerate it much more what I find even more painful is the horrendous  spasms which makes it very hard to breath, I am on heavy amount of morphine /pregabalin/diazepam and have be recommended medical cannabis especially as it is soon going to be legal in uk . Any advice/comments would be most welcome  many thanks in advanced,

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know you said a physiotherapist said they can't help, but have you tried seeing a chiropractor? I've also found physiotherapy for AS to be useless in the past, but chiropractors have helped me a tremendous amount over the years.

• Posted

I have been going to chiropractors for years in the past but now they won't touch my back as the condition is far too advanced for them to give me any meaningful help.However since joining this forum a friend has introduced me to medical cannabis and taken in the form of "dabbing"  and for once I am 85% pain free and my spasms are virtually gone and if they start again come back I just take a tiny bit more "dabbing". With the highest grade medical cannabis and taken by this method there are no "High" side effects at all. It feels a bit strange when you first take it as you feel all the mussels in your body gradually relaxing even through your hands knees legs and then feet. I can also walk upright for quite long periods at a time and up to now I have been using either my walker frame with a seat built in so you sit if need or arm crutches . I have now managed to start to walk up stairs, I feel a bit strange at first because my mussels  have got you get used  to being used again.Further more I have been able to gradually my medication.

I am even thinking of growing my own stock of medical grade cannabis ,just waiting to see the UK rules of the use of using medical cannabis which is due out anytime day now.

Kind Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.