Can't stop Loranzepam

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all. Every 3,4 days these couple of months, i've not been able to sleep like for the whole nights. Next night, I am so scared wont sleep again, and my mind works harder, so no matter how relaxed i go, or in REM, i just do not fall asleep. So even before midnight, i am obliged and used to it now, to take 5mg of Loranzepam, which is a lot! Somehow i am too anxious and nervous to now sleep rest again that i take this huge dose and it paralyzeses me, still... I want to lower the dosage, since i read so many bad stuff about Benzos, and its freaking me out, but lowering it wont help me sleep right... I wish I was perfectly healthy and didnt need to take anything to calm me down and trust. When i sleep well, i tend to exercice and be active, but days like these keep on happening, its like i dont even expect better anymore so they happen cause i dont believe in a better healthier future for myself. Do u have any other suggestions for a less addictive drugs or... I also try to get a routine of sleeping, but sometimes my mind simply asks for something else, i cant coordinate myself...

The dosage is simply too high and the following day i feel like sh*t...

Please help with any suggestions.

Hugs

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I was taking a sleeping tablet called temazepam for about 10 years, i came off it gradually but have not slept well for many years.  sometimes i do not sleep all night then may drop off and get 2 to 3 hours and sometimes i sleep on and off all night.  I have come to terms with it over the years, its not easy though because i feel so tired the next day. You probably have an active mind and i must admit there is apprehension when you go to bed and it starts the cycle all over again,you get the idea in your head you won,t sleep and that is the problem.  It is so hard for me to give you a solution, maybe someone else will, i,ve just had to accept it myself.  
    • Posted

Accepting the state, or fate, is probably one of the solutions.. Thank u *
    • Posted

I am retired now but if you work it is doubly difficult, all you think about is how awful you will feel in the morning and you have to get through the day. i was on sleeping tablets because i did shift work and had 3 children to take care of. 7 nights, 7 lates, 7 early, it mucks your body clock up completely.  I now can sleep later if i want but am still up by 7 o clock doesn,t matter what time i go to sleep.
  • Posted

Hi Majdarina

as you have already pointed out you trying so hard to get some sleep is probably what's keeping you awake. I'd suggest to not to be so hard on yourself. 5 mgs is not that high a dose.

C

• Posted

is not?

I am too harsh on everything! i will remember that, thank u...

• Posted

Hi There,

Try Yoga whenever time permits, it will help you calm your mind.There are a few poses you can try before bed. Be patient and give it some time to work.

• Posted

Can u tell me the poses here? Thank you, I agree... *...
    • Posted

hi anoop

can u throw light on which yoga poses 

i am doing yoga regularly and also taking medicne 

Noveltin ,NSF-1 and zolcalm 5 mg BUT sleep IS NOT MORE THA THREE hours 

Please share your experience 

• Posted

Try Inhaling through you left nostril, hold you breath for 5 seconds and exhale through you Right Nostril. Concentration is critical, you have to feel the air going in and out. Give it some time and don't expect results immediately. Breathing through left is know to invoke Chandra Nadi, which is related sleep. Don't breath in using Right Nostril as it would do the exact opposite.Also, try Child Pose if possible.

Let me know you experience 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.