Can't stop the pee from coming out all day long.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was jumping on a trampoline we got for Easter and felt as if something broke inside of me. Went to a clinic and was sent to the ER where they performed urinalysis, bladder scan and ultrasound and determined I have incontinence. My PCP can't see me until Friday and I have an appointment with a urologist, but not for another 3 weeks. Small amounts of urine are continuously dripping out of me and I am so freaked out. I have been trying kegels and squatting but feel like it's a waste of time. I am mortified, embarrassed, very self conscious, depressed and at a loss as to how to keep going. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

The only advice I can give is to wear a very absorbint pad.
  • Posted

Apart from jdy1 good words, keep up with the kegels, try to increase them and don't give up. It's just as you say in affecting your wellbeing but hopefully things will improve.
  • Posted

netta unfortunately there's little I can advise but reiterate what the other ladies have said. This problem was going to occur at some point very soon, the jumping up and down just accelerated it. Take care and keep in touch.
  • Posted

do feel pain while peeing....?

i think its a serious problem, consult a good dotor...

• Posted

Incontinence started just after the trampoline, right? It could be you toke a muscle strain that involves bladder. I think hardly something is broken inside you, maybe damaged. So just let your body to heal. In my opinion in case of muscle strain or similar that made your bladder weak, kegels and squatting could make everything worse. I can totally relate to you and I suggest to calm down and don't be embarrassed, no depression, it will pass. Menawhile just wear pads adequate for your leakages or bigger, that give you enough security, self-confidence and peace of mind to continue your everyday life, this is very important to avoid additional depression and worries. Best wishes.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone, I will just have to push through it. I spoke with the nurse at my Dr's office today and she said she doesn't think it's an emergent situation and to keep the appointment for Friday. I am not having too much pain, but quite a bit of annoyance and anxiety. I think it's a prolapsed bladder from all of my research, but I guess I will have to wait and see. I just want it to go away. rolleyes
    • Posted

Yes prolapse makes sense. In this case kegels can help. If it is prolapse physicians will heal you, there is a solution so don't worry too much. I hope for you it will go away as soon as possible.
    • Posted

Thank you, I went to my PCP yesterday and he says it is not a prolapsed bladder. He doesn't know why, but says my urethra is not closing which I have also noticed. I cannot find anything on the internet about this particular problem so I really hope the urologist knows! Very strange and incredibly irritating. Thanks for your kind words.
    • Posted

netta at the opening of your bladder is a muscle called the trigone muscle. It is shaped like a triangle. Like all muscles there can be problems. Sometimes it gets infected and causes trigonitis but occasionally it won't close and can cause leakage of urine. Problems are not often documented but I have researched this when I was undertaking my Masters degree in urogynaecology.
    • Posted

Oh thank you, do you know the solution for this problem?
    • Posted

I don't know how old you are netta but this is more common in women who are menopausal so a hormone pessary or cream can help.
    • Posted

I am 36, but thank you for the information regarding this muscle as I am finding some information regarding this on the internet. It may lead me in the right direction at least!
    • Posted

I hope so netta. Once we reach 35-40 our oestrogen and progesterone levels start to decrease so it's worth having these levels checked. Good luck.
    • Posted

Okay that's a great idea! Thanks I will definitely tell my doctor that I want to check it out! smile
    • Posted

It's definitely worth looking into netta. I was interested in the trigon muscle some years ago. I had a urine infection bit it was different to others that I'd read about. When I wanted to pee I had a bearing down feeling and the doctor I saw said it was an inflammation of the trigon muscle at the base of the bladder. Fortunately she was up to date with that sort of thing but it made me curious because I hadn't heard of it before so I researched it. 
    • Posted

Yes, it is so difficult when you can't just go see a doctor right away! I have never had an issue that could not be resolved the same day. It's the not knowing what it is and how to solve it that is so distressing! My PCP was helpful in eliminating the prolapsed bladder diagnosis (can't believe they did not do a pelvic exam in the ER), but he had really no idea as to why my urethra would remain open. He said he suspected it would close again on it's own. My symptoms have not been as bad today, but they are still there. At least you've given me an idea, it's a place to start. I am far from being medically knowledgeable, but I guess with new surprised as I age I will learn more and more. Lol.
    • Posted

Hi netta98948, I was just wondering if have had any more information since your appointment with the urologist?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.