Can't stop thinking bout my self

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there, I had been on sertraline for bout 10yrs on 50mg, in December are landlord said we had to move out we did every thing we could to stay and in the end it all worked out and we stayed. This gave me a LOT of stress. Then a few months ago I was playing with my daughter and I had a funny turn where I was  slurring my speech and my arm went weak. It only lasted bout 10 seconds but went to A&E where I was seen by a stroke doctor and he didn't think it was that. I then went to see a neurologist who said he thinks it was just proberly a migraine. I have been worry bout my self since that day. I went to the docs who said to up my sertraline to 100mg as I was feeling down again. I tried 100mg for a week but I felt awful so went back to 50mg the doc said I might not need them any more so I thought I would cut back to 25mg for a week then stop. I was doing ok not taking any for the first 5 days but then it was awful I felt like I was dying! So I started back on 25mg for 2 days to get me over the weekend. Went to the docs again on the Monday and he said I could try SNRI which I tried for 2 day but they where making things look right bright so I went back to see the doc and he said I could go back on sertraline or try another one. I went back to sertraline and have been taking 50mg for 4 weeks now and they have just upped it to 75mg. I do feel I bit better and am really trying to do things I used to do but I just can't get into any thing I just feel like I'm acting and not feeling it. All I do is think bout how I'm feeling and how I didn't use to feel like this. Even sitting on the sofa watching TV all I think is I'm sitting here watching TV in stead of just watching the TV. Sorry for the very long post! I just want to start living in the moment instead of my head all the time I just want to b me again 

thanks for reading 

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry! It is so hard for most of us!  I have such high anxiety that I'm desperate. I try and it works to breathe very deeply, slowly, sit up straight, , eyes closed, quiet for about five minutes. It takes the immediate anxiety away. Hang in there and know you aren't alone.
  • Posted

I know that feeling really well I've been on 100mgs of sertraline for over 10 yrs got upped to 150mgs 10days ago and today I can't shift anxiety at all can't get it to TV or anything just want my life bk x
    • Posted

I no its awful every day you get up and want to be your self again and every day you don't. I'm still doing all my normal stuff like cooking, shopping etc but I'm just not into it I feel like I want to step out of myself and I can just be there and not thinking all the time. Every one says to me u r being your self your no different but inside I feel different. Grrr when will I be me again! I guess all we can do is give it time xx
    • Posted

Hi how u doing now I'm on day 15 of increase still got anxiety hate it so much can't switch off and relax at all at home just seem to sit and stare then anxiety comes over again driving me mad xx
  • Posted

Hi Hun, yeah I'm bout the same 😢. I've got some propranolol which I've had for a while but haven't taken any yet. There for anxiety and other things but I've read up bout them and they r ment to b really good for helping you feel carm. I think I might give them a try. I'm on day 15 on 75mg I've heard it can take a full 6 weeks at a new dose to really work so I'm just trying to stick with it. May be you could ask your doc for propranolol to help with the anxiety why u wait for the new dose to work. Xx
    • Posted

Hi hun I got some of those yesterday from doc they are quite good for taking the edge off but hate the feeling of like someone sat on yr chest just wish it would go away now x
    • Posted

Hi how u feeling now I just had a bladdy anxiety attack in middle of shopping centre had to grab my 12yr old daughter and my 3yr old grandson and get in a taxi and go home I'm so angry with myself x
  • Posted

Oh no poor u! Don't be mad at your self we have all been there and it's so hard to fight it when your out. I had a crap nite last nite woke up with my heart racing had to keep the light on in the end. I'm hoping when the kids go back to school I might b able to get back into things. Just fed up of not feeling my self wish the antidepressants would hurry up! I've got my first I talk on 20th so hopefully they might be able to help me think straight. Have u contacted Italk? Xx
    • Posted

Soz hun thought I replied but didn't push it what's I talk ?took me hrs to calm down I know what u mean it's harder when the kids r home cause I'm worse Rd noice at the moment x
  • Posted

Hi Italk is talking therapy you do an online form and then some one calls u back in about a week. Or you can ring them on 023 80 383920. You can tell them how you feel and they can go though ways that can help you cope. Hope your feeling a bit better now, I no what u mean about the noise! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.