Can't stop worrying

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am currently going out of my mind with worry, it sounds silly but when I was pregnant with my son I had really bad pains so a scan was done on me but they said they couldn't see my kidney- they said the baby was most likely lying on it but I haven't heard of that before... It's really starting to play on my mind and I'm worrying I'm going to die and leave my son without a mother sad

They did say they would re test me after I had him but it's never happened.

Anyone else got anxiety like this??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ha-ha nothing happens like this . don't worry the baby and you will be fine . so not to worry and its glad you have become mom it is just a thought that may be you will pass because its your first experience. This is just worry because you thinking about things that don't happen. The scanning guy told you wrong . so you must not worry and take care of your self and baby too and wait for delivery and trust me nothing happens time will come your baby will be running in ground a nd playing so its just worry for no reason which mind give . chillx you are good and healthy . love and blessing from Pakistan
  • Posted

Many mothers face these type of thoughts in pregnancy and face anxious just because it's there first way of feeling things . beleive me you are not the one who is giving birth . there are billions of people in this world and every female has same feeling worry . why you think negative side do think positive side about ur baby going. School and helping you when they are elder its just thoughts which anxiety makes
  • Posted

Believe me when I had 1st panic attack I thought it was my last day the next day I was having zinger burger lol so its all fake mind tricks
  • Posted

I'm not a mother but I have a similar problem. I have, on multiple occasions thought I have had something wrong with me for example: I had one sharp shooting pain on the right hand side of my stomach and was convinced I had an appendicitis rolleyes I thought this so much that I physically thought I was going to die from it and couldn't get out of bed. It turned out I didn't have it, it was just my anxiety getting too much for me giving me physical symptoms and then convincing myself I will die or something. Ever since I have had constant nausea and feeling like I will throw up and convinced I have a stomach virus or something.

If you are worried about this, I would recommend going to see your doctor and they will most likely reassure you that you will be fine, but will probably recommend anxiety treatments for you. I am currently in this process as it is getting too much for me, but as a fellow anxiety sufferer I would like to tell you that I'm sure it's just your mind getting ahead of itself. I ALL THE TIME hear things that stick so vividly in my head about what was wrong with someone else when they were sick, so whenever I experience these symptoms I have a panic attack. I think that is probably what has happened to you with being told your baby was on your kidney, and it is just getting out of control.

I know how you feel, if any of this helps!!

• Posted

When I was pregnant this year I had really bad pains I was doubled over and they did a scan on me and could only find one kidney, it was twice the size of a normal kidney but functioning 100% they couldn't check to see if the other one was in the pelvis (this is where they are when your born and they move up) as the baby was in the way, my son is now 8 months old and I had a scan the other week due to other issues and I've definitely only got one kidney it's doing the work of 2 as its massive so don't worry your not going to die, if I hadn't of had a scan through pregnancy then I'd never have known xx
    • Posted

Aww thanks so much for your reply Emma smile you've made me feel much better. It's like a weight has been lifted. I didn't even know you could have one kidney without suffering because of it.

I haven't had the test to see what is wrong but it was quite a while ago so im sure if it was something serious it would have shown itself by now xx

• Posted

Your welcome sweetie honestly don't stress about it, I don't even think about it now, if you didn't get poorly you would have never known as long as your ok now that's all that matters xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.