Can't take anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so tired of my life I just don't want to wake up anymore! I'm 20 years old and I don't have my driving, I've only started Uni and I don't have a job. I really like someone but he has messed me about 3 times and I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore! Because anyone I ever like has hurt me. Some people just stop talking to me out of the blue for no reason and it hurts. I feel so alone.  When I go home it's like everyone's too busy to notice that I'm not myself anymore. I still hate taking photos cause I look so bad and my undereyes have gotten so dark. I thought I could turn to exercise to make myself feel better but I'm in pain cause I over did it. My birthday is coming up soon and I'm not even looking forward to it, I've let ppl down all year so why should they be there for me. I can't stop spending money to make myself feel better either so I reckon I'm going to be broke soon. 

I've missed classes already and I might even be behind with the work, I was just too tired and unhappy to move. 

The guy who I really liked won't even talk to me now, he's gone and done the same thing to me again and I feel so stupid! 

Please help me I'm so scared I'm going to do something stupid 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, Is there a Counsellor at uni that you can talk to. You are so young to be worrying about relationships while at uni. I don't think this is the best place to meet long term boyfriends as most people at uni are just looking for to experiment and only wanting casual relationships. Try to concentrate on getting back into studying and meet others there, just enjoy the friendships. If your not serious about your studies you would be best to leave and find work. Sorry if this sounds harsh but uni is for studying not getting anxious about boyfriends. You will have plenty of time when you leave to find true love. 
    • Posted

yeh there is and i think i really need to go to it. Im not getting to enjoy the uni life properly cause everything feels like a struggle if you know what i mean. i dont want a boyfriend i just dont want to be lied to or made a fool of. Honestly i just feel so matured that only my studies matters now i really want to do well and succeed into a good job. 
  • Posted

First of all your not stupid fact second dont chase a person if he not interested in you nothing good will come of it

Now you please go see your doctor they can help you you're young enough to realise life is hard and it is up to you to make it easy study for what you want and be who you want to be because you have so much to learn and I truly believe that you can achieve what you set out to do so please stop worrying about what other people think and believing in yourself and what t want to achieve

• Posted

I have been to a doctor and she prescribed mirtzapine ive been told to ween it down to every other night but things have got bad again. Everything feels like a struggle and i just want my life back rolleyes I want to have fun wile concentrating on my studies at the same time, but i just dont feel like im having much fun rolleyes I hardly ever want to go out and this must be down to my mental illness cause I used to love going out.
    • Posted

I know how you feel I feel a similar way I am on my third week of medication but it is building up in my system and it has really knocked me sideways I have to think about going back to work next week and I am dreading it
  • Posted

;you ound like you need some anti depressants to calm down from your situation.  I hope things feel better when you talk to someone at Uni

Richard

• Posted

I am on anti depressants but they are a low dose and i have not been taking them very often recently, the doctor wanted me to ween them down to every other night but i honestly think i need a higher dosage rolleyes 
    • Posted

If you feel you need a higher dose chick then voice this to your doctor. I know he's the professional but he only knows about his medicines,he doesn't know about you and what you need. I was on mirt 15mg for 6 days then it was increased to 30 mg which I have been on for twelve days. These last 2 days I've really noticed a difference in my mood and thought pattern xx

• Posted

If you are unsure then a review with your Dr would be the course of action

Richard

• Posted

When I was 20 and before that I too felt like you did but I feel glad now that I hanged on because I found that life changed and brought new adventures and new learning exps. I too was alone throughout childhood, but I lived in Africa and found adventures exploring ancient ghost mines and writing stories under baobab trees. I had no friends at all. I too met a boy, he too did not talk to me but I came to learn that if he did not want me, then he was not worth crying over. I too spent lots of money and wanted to take my life. But why should you take your life and let everything that puts you in darkness and fear win? You are worth more than that. You can pass your course. Does not matter if you are behind. Catch up, work hard, do your best. Challenge yourself. Forget about that guy, you deserve much better. Instead, go out, treat yourself, laugh, enjoy and have the best birthday ever. Depression and insecurity will follow you, but face it and defeat it, never let it destroy you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.