Can’t tolerate high dose

Posted , 4 users are following.

is it possible that you cant tolerate a higher dose on this medication? i seem to be able to deal with 50mg but massivly struggling in 100mg! the doctor has advised me to reduce back down to 50mg!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

i would definetely go back down to 50mg and wait a couple of minths on that. docs seem to up dosage very quickly, you may only need 50mg. i was on 50mg for over 5 years and have only just had to up. hope you feel better soon

• Edited

I am the same, I can tolerate 50 mg but suffered a lot just 2 days taking 100 mg i have dropped to 50 mg now and its been 3 months on 50 mg.

• Posted

how are you feeling now on 50mg has it done what you expected?

• Edited

Hi charlotte

Yes i believe it has made a difference. Although this week was a bit off and my sleep is now affected

i am pretty sure it was due to raised anxiety due to the 100 mg dose

i think i am going to stay on 50 mg. What symptoms did you notice?

• Posted

Hi Charlotte, I was just the same. I started on 50mg for 8 weeks, upped to 75mg then 100mg. I stayed on 100 for 8 weeks but the side effects were too much, loud tinnitus, constant pain in my calf muscles, fuzzy head etc, I reduced dose to 75mg then after 3 weeks back down to 50mg where I have been for 2 weeks. I have gradually felt better and better and the side effects have almost gone. sometimes I think we feel like it's not working so we need to increase but infact some times reducing is the answer.

Take care and keep strong. Together we can all beat this xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.