Can't wait to be pain free !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am now 9 weeks post op and I'm experiencing a lot of pain in both feet even though i only had my left bunion removed.

It must be with the way i am walking since my op .

I have always suffered with a little pain in my right foot due to planter fasitiicis however it is worse than ever any tips or help would be grateful .

I am also experiencing a lot of burning pain in both heels .

Will i ever be pain free !!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I too am 9 weeks post op ! This is my 2nd op on same foot, had bunion & hammertoe surgery on Dec 15th 2014 ! Unfortunately not a great success, granted I was unable to bear much weight due to massive swelling & pain  1st time around & tho I followed surgeons instructions I ended up with very stiff, painful big toe & hammertoes remained even worse than pre op  ! Surgeon just blamed me ! Sought 2nd opinion & he just wasn't interested ! Nightmare ! So had tendon release  & repeat osteomoty on toes 2,3& 4 with same surgeon on 3rd sept ! This time I was weight bearing from day one & even walked barefoot on sand as surgeon advised, even tho it hurt like hell ! Tho toes are now straight but still quite stiff & painful ! Have been wiggling toes constantly & rolling tennis ball on ball of foot to no avail ! Have started physio & this has helped correct my gait so would advise u try that to get u walking correctly & less painfully ! Tho I try to remain positive for a good outcome , it's quite depressing !! Saw surgeon this wk & tho he said he was 90% happy,  I am less do, just want pain to end but all he said was pain & swelling will ease gradually !! 

• Posted

My surgeon has now referred me to a different PT who has videoed me walking and said i have so many faults so has actually gave me her training shoes which are called schetchers rockers which have helped me to walk heel toe .

But still in a lot of pain more with burning in my heals .

So i feel as though I've had my bunion removed only to be faced with even more problems .

Lets hope its all worth it in the end .

• Posted

We must be the odd few that suffer after op problems.

I'm a year post op now, October 10th 2015, and I'm still

suffering from pain and the feeling of walking on pebbles.

Even a podiatrist said she couldn't help and too go back for a

referal to a different surgeon... The only footwear I feel

comfortable in are Fitflops and Crocs, which was the very things

that I wanted to be out of by last winter.

I'm in the UK and due to see another surgeon next week....

• Posted

Hi Susan. How are you doing now? Has the burning feeling

lessened any yet?

• Posted

Hi Margot

No I'm still getting burning pain in both feet .

I have been back to see my surgeon who has now suggested shockwave treatment so I'm having my first session of 3 on the 8th January.

Just hope it works .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.