Can't work it out

Posted , 6 users are following.

Woke up feeling really depressed. I've been feeling good for a while with the help of medication. I can't work out what's changed all of a sudden.

I've now turn my phone off so no one can phone me and I feel anxious about going to work today.

Need help before I fall to deep.

I'm scared I'm not going to recover this time.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey sandy

Hey how you doing today, I don't think anything has changed, i think sometimes we get an idea maybe a small blip like you start to think these tablets are working this is great then your mind starts to worry about the effect of them maybe something like how long will this good feeling last though

Before you know it your mind is running a thousand miles an hour with questions typically I think people woth these conditions have very fast minds it answers it's own questions but asks to many to quick to answer each one something like a quick fire round in a game show before you know it your thinking six seven thoughts at a time so fast each thought has a solution that throws up three most questions each answer you give

Now you head is racing what started as as a simple wow this feeling is good has grown into a huge worry you can't find the answers for because it's all going to fast bang your worrying panicking you become anxious all over again

Your mind wins another round ya see this is how I think it works we can't help the feeling of wow this is really working it's very much Bach handed though because again your mind asks/even agrees then asks yes it is but for how long?why is it working?will they keep me on theses? What will happen if they change the tablets? What will I do? Then etc you see what I'm saying it may not be about the meds you thought about it could be anything the point is you had a thought maybe about a person or a job you had to do something simple before you knew it your mind went off the chart asking questions that you know the answers to but picking out stuff on a spending convoyor belt before you know it your swamped we have to learn how to shape that belt down I think

Hope your ok mike

• Posted

Sandy how long have you been on your meds?.

Blips do happen quite a lot. I've had a few they usually last about 5 days or a week. Don't worry too much it will pass. Mine last less now I've been on meds for 18minths and slowly reducing, so I get more blips but don't last as long.

• Posted

maybe your body has become accustumed to the dose and you need to either raise it or try another.
  • Posted

Hi sandy. Hope yr feeling a little better. Ive woke a bit the same but goin thru early days of withdrawing from my longterm a.d to another at 3 times the usual starting dose. So quite anxious tday ++++ xxx know y its happening just hate anxiety xxx. Hope tday yr gud♡ xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.