Can the come back once surgery has been done?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know if this can come back? i had my surgery in 2010 and felt fine but just recently started to feel so ill again?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know after my surgery in2014 I continued to get worse. I think Chiari is a progressive illness. After surgery, my balance is better. The pain

Is worse, eye pain, ear problems, stomach pain, arm/leg pain. I would go back to your neurosurgeon.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply,i think thats wi am going to have to do? Im getting allf my symptoms back again and its comes way out of the blue,felt fine for a gd few years as well. It just takes them so long to deal with anything though and you know when something isnt right dont you? Thanks again.
    • Posted

Yes, probably a good time for a new MRI.  In my situation, I never

Recovered.  I have balance issues. Thank God I can still walk.  I have 

Muscle and a lot of nerve pain.  It hurts to sit up because of the neck pain.  Hopefully, you will take care of everything and be fine.  Please let me know what happens. Prayers🌹🌺

• Posted

Oh thankyou i will do. I do hope you get some help for yourself very soon? Its a very strange illness i think? No one really seems to know an awful lot about it or its effects and an outcome? Takecare xx

• Posted

Best to get the health care professional re-check it..dont you all get in touch with your NS and Neurologist to update how you are getting on, I am on 13 months post surgery, I keep in touch and updating mine each 6 months..I thought by doing this, they can help other patient suffering such I was..as they have a little knowledge of it.
  • Posted

I had surgery June 2016. Did fairly well for a year but then had another MRI and they found a cyst under my cerebellum. So my NS dropped me cause they said my cerebellum is decompressed and that's it. So I went to Neurologist and she immediately ordered new MRI and Cisternogram and is very concerned at my balance and other symptoms. Somehow it seems to be a byproduct of Chiari. Along with scar tissue. So will wait and see what they recommend. I now travel in a frothy bubble and wobble around like a Weeble and my husband asks why I walk so badly. And I'm not allowed to drive anymore. cry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.