Can the DWP do this ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my assessment in June and recieved a letter of entitlement in July stating that i have 13 points  for Daily living, and 10 points for mobility. But the DWP changed my points to 8 for daily living and  10 for Mobility. They said they went over my files again and decided the  assessor should not have given me 13 points.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

I think that is a terrible thing to happen to you and I remember reading that the same thing happened to someone on this forum.  If they are reading your post, I'm sure they will reply to you.  x

• Posted

If I were you I would ask for a copy of your assessment report and go through it thoroughly and the go for a Mandatory reconsideration if they still say no you can take this to Tribunal stage without attending in person which is exactly what I did and won the case the DWP were overruled and I was reinstated. Best of luck
  • Posted

Unfortunately they can do this.  The rules were changed some whlle ago to allow the DWP to make the final decision.  It can sometimes work in your favour though as they can overturn an unfavourable decision too.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.