Can they do this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay my PIP journey so far. Sorry for waffling on.

I got my reassessment letter March 16, sent baxk all filled in for April. Had my f2f early June money stopped 10 days later no word of warning it was 2 days before my payment date and didn't inform me. I called and was told it had been stopped, I asked what about my backdated money as I know it gets paid 4 weeks in advance, no idea they said after many phonecalls it got sorted. Fast forward to my MR decision where I was awarded 10 points for mobility by the DM but covering letter said no award so I asked for an appeal. After many more phone calls getting nowhere I called last week and was told that my backdated mobility was being paid. The next day I received a letter from tribunal saying appeal maker had stopped my appeal after finding in my favour. When I got my decision letter a few days ago it said I was only getting standard mobility but surely they had already awarded me that at MR stage? Still waiting on call back from appeals to see why they ignored my MR decision, sorry for the long post just wondered if this had happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Meant 4 weeks in AREARS
  • Posted

Hi 66ds u mite help me I got standard rate on both and asked if they can look at my mobility again and sent a letter off my doctor and the pain clinic that as been about 4 weeks ago how long do you think it will take
    • Posted

Hi Kett

From reading posts on here everywhere seems to have their own timescales sorry I can't be a better help

• Posted

Thanks yes I no what u mean some of the things on here are TERRIBLE what people are going through point is mobility is a charity.They need to sort things out I no a lass who killed her self over pip they have no clue
    • Posted

I must admit I have really struggled with the worry today it's not getting any easier with the worry, my beautiful little girl who is 6 is really struggling at school & I can normally keep it together & help her but today my brain is just not working & I have broken down so many times obviously without her knowing but I find the worry overwhelms me so much

• Posted

Emma is there no one that you can talk too? Im sure your sister will be fine to wait until next week for her money. Has she not looked into getting a carers allowance if she looks after you and your daughter?
  • Posted

I find this all so confusing & I feel so ill with all the worry, it's so difficult for me to cope on a day to day basis & my sister looks after me and my little daughter I feel awful as today she would normally get the money I owe her,

• Posted

Emma are you saying they have stopped your money so you cant pay your sister now to help look after you and your daughter? 
    • Posted

Mine was stopped and the only reason I found out was when I went to withdraw it. I didn't get letter until the week afterwards.

• Posted

Yes, I rang them today on the number on my letter I think it was the DWP I spoke with & they told me they had stopped my payment due to an overpayment & they will pay me it by next Friday at the latest

• Posted

Hi what you have said worries me, im waiting for a review decision

On pip,, had couple text and 1 letter all said same thing,, we have all

Into,,my ext pip payment is due next WK and I'm now wondering

If I will get that payment

Hope you get things sorted x

• Posted

My experience of the DWP is that you should not believe anything they say unless it is in writing. Additionally they do not see benefit claims as relating to real people with real problems. Missing payments, stopped benefits mean nothing to them - best advice is never to expect anything from them - if something good does happen treat it as a bonus. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.