Can this be cancer?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, i'm 17 years old and i've been suffering some stomach or abdominal pains for the past week, I've had this before but it has gone away and came back, I've also had some blood in my stool sometimes for months now, i was putting it off as just bleeding from my rectum due to hard stools, but today i've noticed that there is some blood in the stool it self, I'm scared my abdominal is in mild pain which can be overlooked and forgotten if i get distracted enough, I feel bloated and sometimes sick but i never throw up. I've got a history of acid reflux problems and a lot of anxiety problems, as I was conviced I had heart problems for years due to chest pains etc.. I'm getting an appointment to see a doctor this week, but i'm just so scared that I'm looking for some reassurance or i'm going to go crazy.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you might have an ulcer I would go to a stomach doctor and have an upper GI done
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply! I'll get an appointment to see my GP this week and tell him all about it.

• Posted

It is unlikely to be cancer at your young age.  Your doctor will be able to give you a diagnosis.  It is very important to tell your doctor about rhe blood.  You may need an endoscopy, ultrasound or colonoscopy. Anxiety can cause chest pain, and GI distress such as ulcers, gastritis, acid reflux and IBS. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.