Can This be Crohns? This is creating lot of anxiety..plz help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am just 29, my baby was just 4 mnths old when I started getting stomach pain on the left side and upper stomach , the pain in a very sore pain and the entire stomach , all around belly button feels tender to touch, the stomach is so tender that I can barely lift my baby, i have had it for 8 months now with no relief. My weight has reduced a lot( anxiety has contributed to it too), weight increases a bit if i force myself to eat a lot and then falls drastically.

I have had 2 endoscopies, ct scan, ultrasound, the endoscopies showed Antral gastritis with slight erosion.Hpylori was negative. Apart from that nothing.

I am confused if gastritis alone can cause so much pain and tenderness .

Anybody with similar symptons or know about it?

My bm's are regular, once a day and normal.

I am confused if it is gastritis, crohns or IBS

Any reply will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering.

have you had some blood tests done?

i cannot say my symptoms sound like yours, however I did tear my rictus sheath (tummy muscle) during pregnancy and that hurt for ages.

i hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Rectus sheath* autocorrected😄
    • Posted

Thank you so much Alfielefoo!

How long after delivery did you get the pain and what were your symptoms?

How did you recover, plz let me know.

Thanks in advance!

• Posted

Ages!!!! I had to wear a tubing rip girdle thing, then I had physio doing half sit ups and other exercises.

i can still get my fingers between the muscle bands. And my eldest is 20 youngest is 10.

my tummy felt like jelly and like someone was pushing it and it didn't work properly. However, I do get belly pain from crohns there too.

i hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

I forgot to say, you could ask for calproctin test see if that shows any inflammation in the guts
    • Posted

As you sufferr Crohn's can I ask you what do you take for it and how long have you been sufferer? do you have digestion problems as well? what do you do when it flares? 

Thanks

• Posted

thi, I'm the worst person in the world. I have and have not swallowed pred,entocort, azathioprine, pentasa....

i was diagnosed last year, but have suffered since 1990, I had a scope in 1997, and got fobbed off until small bowel stricture caused obstruction.

diagnosed via ct as second scope wouldn't go round.

digestion-I've had reflux since 1996 and it seems loads of us do.

my bloods have been out of whack for years. Angular chelitis, joint pain,anemia, folate deficiency,dry mouth syndrome, episcleritis.

I miss the days when I used to flare and be well after.

flares- 

I use heat packs, take paracetamol, eat pasta/bland food and feel sorry for myself.

the low fibre diet does help in general.but I feel I'm going to have to accept its time for the resection.

• Posted

I don't know.

my gi said to take aza, but my surgeon said the problems the stricture and aza won't help it. 

so it's mixed opinion.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with Crohn's . About 4 months ago I was feeling awful so my GI did a colonoscopy and a endoscopy. The found colitis and my Dr also found that I have Lupus also. I have had a a pain in my left side for about 9 years. They still have no idea what's causing it. They are going to do another, colonoscopy and see if my colitis has gotten better.

• Posted

I feel pity for you with your baby. I think you should relax and eating slowly, sleep more and do not worry too much let the professional decide. If they says gastritis then it is do not over worry it will contribute to your illness no good when you have baby. Hope you are well soon. I am Crohn's sufferer before that IBS but then I think worry and stress that makes IBS became Crohn's. Cant take any tablet at the moment. Medication makes the symptoms worse so I do not follow the doc. I used charcoal to relieve it and eat slowly. I dont drink coffee but green tea. No alcohol or fizzy drink. Eat bland food. Not much vege but still eating pinaple for enzyme. In your case you have bay you have to follow exactly what dr said for anything happen to baby yo may get problems. Do not worry too much. Pray to God. Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.