Can This Be Diverticula

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would appreciate some advice please as not coping .

Every time I have a BM I get terrible pain afterwards low down in my stomach

Which then goes right round my back . The only way I can describe

It is it feels like I'm on fire , it burns so bad . Now eating anything at

all is starting the same pain . For the last 3 weeks I've sat with ice packs on my low stomach and one on my back . I'm on oramorph and that's barely helping . I'm housebound. Every doctor I've seen doesn't take me seriously because all my obs are clear . I'm thinking about seeing a consultant privately but can anyone tell me how can

I get my point across that even though no inflammation shows up I'm on fire !!I feel so weak and sick and ill as barely able to eat.

Could it be my diverticulitis? I'm desperate for answers but am getting no where . How would I find a good gastroenterologist in my area ?Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I don't have any advice really as I only had my first case of diverticulitis four weeks ago so still learning myself. 

I would say I didn't have a temp with mine just pain like I've never experienced in my life before. 

I would advice hospital if you are suffering so much. Good Luck 

• Posted

Hi Kathy , I've been hospitalised numerous times with this pain

and sent home in the same pain as they don't know what it is and can't be

bothered to find out !!

• Posted

We're do you live? Are you in the U.K.  If you are then speak to your DR and tell them you want a referral letter to see a consultant privately. It cost me over  300 pounds due to him doing a low sigmoidoscopy. He did examine me and put me  forward for a flexible sigmoidoscopy on the NHS. The only way to diagnose DD is with a colonoscopy. So you need to speak to your GP about that. My DD was pain in the lower left side and none stop going to the toilet I also had a higher temperature. I hope you manage to get sorted 

• Posted

Hi Susan, I've had 2 sigmoidoscopies and have been diagnosed with diverticulitis so I know I've got that . I just wondered if anyone knows if

You can have constant pain in low stomach after BM which is DD related .

• Posted

I have read on here that some people have the same pain has you   I personally don't My pain is usually in the bottom left hand corner of my stomach 

• Posted

Did you have a CT scan? In my case my pain can be anywhere! Left sided by my bellybutton,  Rt sided , or across the top of my abdomen. I usually have terrible diarrhea with burning pain across my abdomen.  You need to go back if you are not getting better.

If you are in the US call your local hospital for referral to MD or better yet ask a nurse friend!

• Posted

Hi Linda, have your GP not referred you to a consultant? I get Diverticulitis sometimes lasts a couple of weeks! I get a temperature with it & the burning feels like inflammation really bad. A had a sigmoidoscopy which showed I had diverticulitis. Lots of people have medication given them if the pain is really bad although I take Mebeverine & Paracetamol  Plus.  Never been given anything else. Ask your GP to refer you .

• Posted

What I'm really asking are my symptoms Diverticula symptoms.

I know I've got DD but these symptoms are different to a DD flare.

Anyone else get low burning stomach pain After a BM that lasts for days,weeks ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.