Can this be gerd

Posted , 3 users are following.

i been having sore throat on and off and neck burning itching pain in my throat doctor tought it was a infection i tried like 3 different antibiotics nothing work 😕 i took steroids because he tought it was a inflamation nothing worked 😕 i m loosing my mind because i still have the symtom i have allergies i treated with spray and steroids still having throat problem i also treated my sinus with antibiotics and spray 😕 so is no that ... nothing fixing my problem i have a gatritic and acid reflux gerd i took ranitadine for a week did not work 😕 now i m taking famotadine i m not seeing change it been 2 days 😕 my symtoms are weird taste in mouth specially on the top of my mouth i had a lymph node 😕 i feel pain inside and outside throat neck whole throat to the breast bone 😕 i also feel a little bit of burning 😕 inside and my neck itch all over outside is so weird 😕 my glands hurt 😕 also when i eat i feel the acid come up i taste it is nasty 😕 but i been eating good no greasy food or anything and i still get reflux 😕 i constantly feel like i need to clean my throat 😕 i m thinking the worse 😕 right nowwhat can this be 😕

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ana...we have d same symptoms and same lifestyle changes. Try to request for an upper endoscopy. I suspect u have a hiatal hernia which causes a silent reflux (LPR). Just try to avoid stress as this adds to more acid from the stomach. Thats all i can say for now. Hoping u find relief.

• Posted

hello i had a endoscopy 4 months ago showed reflux and gastritis due to stress but now i dont know if this are the symtons of gerd or something worse 😕 no hernia in the endoscopy i got 😕 i m scared of this reflux will cause me cancer or something later on .. i will be taking this med for life and changing what i eat 😕 also scared of esophagitis 😕

• Posted

Hi Ana

All sounds very familiar, you have to give the medications a while to see if they are working, a few days or weeks are not long enough.

All the best

Robin

• Posted

just relax and dont think about cancer . i have gastritis and esophagitis and i have been on lansoprazole 30mg daily for almost 6 years now. this keeps the symptoms under control. check ur magnesium level so u can take supplements if u continue taking ppi. sleeping with the upper body elevated also helped me alot. dont stress urself thinking of the worst. you are not alone with those symptoms.

• Posted

yes i been doing meditation to relax this anxiety i been trying to think positive and no to think about cancer i been taking the medication so i dont get the gerd worse or something else 😕 how long will it take to heal gerd and esophagitis taking famotadine like 2 months? i dont have esophagitis just asking . i will be taking multivitamins soon hope this help and too i hate my hypochondriac mind make me think the worse but i better beat this i will only focus on the moment thank you for your help 😃

• Posted

Glad ur trying to relax and meditate. sad to say that GERD doesnt really heal. the medication just prevents it from getting worse so as not to damage the esophagus. gastritis and esophagitis do heal coz mine did. i have this feeling that you have a loose LES , lower esophageal spinchter which makes the stomach acid to shoot upwards easily. but dont worry. ur medications neutralize it before it can do severe damages. u will be fine. just take away worries.

• Posted

oh ok i understand i have gerd for about 6 years but i did not know i have it just found out 4 months ago with the endoscopy i was no in treatments the last 6 years i was scared endoscopy was gonna show damaged since i was no in treatments all those years but it showed gerd and gastritic after i have the endoscopy doctor prescribed medication but i was under other medications i couldnt mix with the reflux medication so i did no use them the last 4 months after the endoscopy my reflux got really bad with the burning and all that can severe damage or damage occur in 4 months ? this last 4 months it was so bad can my esophagus be damage now ? because i did not treat it the last 4 months or it take time ? i have to ask my doctor this question lol do you know if this can happen 😕 hope no how will i know i f i got damage or really severe damage in my esophagus if it can occur in 4 months when reflux was out of control and no treatments 😕

• Posted

oh...dont worry coz it takes years for the esophagus to be heavily damaged without medication. like me, u have to continue the ppi for at least 6 months for the esophagitis and gastritis to heal. i still experience reflux but minimal only . have tried to get off lansoprazole for 2 weeks but the symptoms comes back when i eat acidic and oily foods. just continue ur relaxation and food diet and surely everything will be fine.

• Posted

oh ok thank you so much i will continue my medication i was thinking to drink ensure because i under weight will this be a problem with famotadine or for the gerd hope no i wont stop taking the medication i dont eat oil food no more or pizza is no good for me i will continue my diet and the medication thanks for the help

• Posted

oh yes...i am drinking ensure for nutrients coz ppis control our stomach acid which reduces proper nutrient absorption. i too have lost weight and drinking ensure helped me gain and maintain just right. just be patient and avoid stress and you will be fine and feel well.

• Posted

great 😃 since i cant avoid stress with a anxiety disorder i will continue my meditation lol thank you for the help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.