Can tiredness/fatigue cause weak muscles?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I find myself feeling tired/fatigued most of the time, and also noticed my muscles can feel quite weak at times. For example I can be walking and notice my legs feel really weak or my arms will feel weak at times too when doing everyday tasks.

Basically I am wondering if tiredness/fatigue can cause muscles to become weakened?

I will also say I am on Sertraline 50MG (1 each night), which is an antidepressant.

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I am having similar problems and was put on Gabapentin which only served to send me off to sleep but when I woke up I was still in pain and found walking really difficult.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.