Can too much Clob cause burning?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

If any of you are able to offer any input I would be so appreciative.

I was diagnosed with LS about a 16 months ago. Initially all I had was white skin and some silent fusing. My dr started me on betamethasone, it really helped with the itch when it would come, but unfortunately the white patches started spreading despite the consistent use. I saw a dermatologist in July and he switched me to Clob. Initially every day for a week. Then three days in a row every week to "pulse dose" it. This was for 8 weeks, then he said to use as needed.

Until Dec everything was fairly under control. I didnt have any major flair ups and could say that in general the LS didn't effect my day to day life. Then in dec I had a big flair up, no pain just severe itching around the time of my period. This took a few days to subside. Then last week I had another on, worse than anything I have had to date. The itch was unbearable, so I started the saturated borax solution that people on this site talk about (i may have over done it, i had it in a spary bottle and applied after every pee for a day, before realizing this may be too much).. I also applied the clob 2x's a day.. so now the itching is mostly gone but my vagina is insanely red and if I put my fingers on it has a very strong burning sensation (think friction burn). I don't know what to do. I am at my witts end and terrified that this disease is going to ruin me. I dont know if the burning is a result of too much clob... too little clob.. the borax.. what do you ladies think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to stop everything for a few days but am scared to stop the steroid abruptly. Sorry this post is so long. 😢

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, i used too much clob in the beginning in the belief that if i used a lot i would cure the pain, you get so desperate that when the gp prescribes it you believe it is a miracle ointment and keep slapping it on ! my gp presribed an anaestetic ointment to numb the area, to enable me to heal... i now use clob once a week the size if a pea.

• Posted

I think this is exactly what I did. I was desperate for relief so jumped up to a heavy application 2x's a day... I think that it was just wayy too much 😦

• Posted

I continue to be amazed at how lax some doctors are when prescribing such a strong med. My gyn specifically said a pea size of the ointment, how often to use it and drew a diagram of exactly where to apply it. It was a good thing she did as despite contortions with a hand mirror I wasn't able to see much of anything.

• Posted

One other thing I should have mentioned - my ob/gyn sent me to a dermatologist who specialized in psoriasis because of a presumed connection. He confirmed the LS but told me his research was pointing to a connection with thyroid so he sent me for blood tests to check that. I am now on thyroid medication. I spoke to my pharmacist who told me he was going to check his records for patients prescribed clobe and the next time I went he said that appros 60% of them were also on Synthroid for their thyroid.

• Posted

i am so interested by this! my consultant dermatologist also sent blood forms to my GP for me be screened for other autoimmune disorders such as thyroid. apparently once you have one autoimmune disorder like LS you are more likely to have others. i still havnt got round to getting tested but i really need to. i kind of assumed that i would have other symptoms, were you completely unaware you had any thyroid issues? my only issue is that i have gained weight over the last couple of years and i find it incredibly hard to loose weight but i thought that was just down to having kids and being over 30 now!

• Posted

I thought it odd that the gyn who diagnosed me didn't order a test or suggest I have my GP order one. When I saw my GP for my yearly visit I told him about the LS, but had to ask him to order the thyroid test. Why isn't every doctor dealing with an LS patient doing this?

• Posted

I have an appointmemt booked om.Monday to have my thyroid checked. I am curious, when you start treating your thyroid, do your LS symptoms improve?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.