Can u drink alchol while taking beta blockers

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have being diagnosed with overactive thyroid last week I am on 1 beta blocker a day. My daughter's Christianing is next week and I am not sure whether I can drink on them. My pharmacist said just one or two but my doctor said yes. Just wondering if any of yous tat take beta blockers do yous drink on them and if so is there any side affects.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say they are half beta prograne
  • Posted

I was told yes, but only one or two at the most so I think your pharmacist is right.  Good luck and enjoy the christening!
    • Posted

Tanks pam143 I had 2 drinks Friday night and got in ok hopefully I can have a few more on Saturday at the Christianing 😃
  • Posted

Hi, I'm on 40mg Propranolol 3 x day and rarely drink but occasionally will have a glass of wine..nothing stronger. I did worry about having alcohol particularly because I can't drink much at all before I feel the effects but I seem to be OK with 1 glass of white or rosé... red seems to take effect quicker! I def don't touch spirits...but I would always check with the GP.
    • Posted

Tanks Debra I ask the pharmacist she said one or 2 and I asked the doctor she said ye she didn't say how many she just said yes u dont drinks spirit's just beer I will have a few and see how I get on😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.