Can Vestibular Migraines be present all the time

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm waiting on hospital appointments and a diagnosis but does anybody know if you can suffer Vestibular Migraines all day for weeks? And would it make sense that Betahistine would eliminate the dizziness and pressure in back of head?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, and yes. It is good to see an ENT or neuro for diagnosis as you are doing. But yes, MAV can behave this way.
  • Posted

Vestibular migraine is typically an intermittent disorder, characterized by episodes of vertigo which may or may not be associated with migraine, with lesser feelings inbetween.  It is an "up-and-down" disorder if you like. 

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Yes that is what I suspected but my physio wonders why I still have not recovered. Is there hope of recovery with Mav? I am much better after 13 months but still have bad episodes. I would love to think I will get back to normal but feel it won't happen.
    • Posted

What is your treatment at the moment?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Thank you, as my GP doesn't seem to have a clue and it reassures me I'm not imagining it.
  • Posted

Am contiuing with VRT and balance exercises. Also ant anxiety medication _propranolol I would to recover to a point where I hardly notice the symptoms but it has not happened yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.