Can viral meningitis be extremely mild?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a somewhat mild headache that has not changed in 4 days. It hurts a lot to sneeze or shake my head. If my head is still, I don't even need over the counter medication and probably rates at a 3 to 4 out of 10. I have a low grade fever (99.5 F). My neck is stiff and feels like I should be putting ice on it. I have pain in any direction I move my head but it's pretty minor. I have full flexibility but with increased pain as I flex. I feel a little tired and a tiny bit flu-ish and sometimes feel a tiny bit of nausea.

I have had confirmed viral meningitis before, and the head pain was unbearable...Hospital stay and spinal tap.

I talked to my doctor today and we were immediately on the track for covid testing. I didn't really bother to mention the neck stiffness as I thought I had just slept on it wrong or whatever. But, I'm starting to feel like maybe that's not the case. I'm still able to function pretty normally.

If this is the cause, I know you just need to wait it out like any other virus.

Thanks for any input,

Matt

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.