Can virgins get STDS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, im very uneducated on sex education because i was off whilst it happened at school.

I have a few questions.

Can a COMPLETE virgin have or get stds? As an example, never had oral sex or vaginal and havent kissed anyone either. So theyre basically " innocent " could they have an std?

Can you get stds from public toilets? I read it online and now im paranoid since i use public toilets and always wash my hands after ( i am a complete virgin.)

Can you only get stds as a virgin if you have sex with someone who has one ? ( oral sex etc) and herpes if kissing?

Even tho i am completely innocent could i have an std? No my parents do not have stds or family members were all very clean. And i dont have pain etc obviously but im curious.

So are complete virgins std free?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes, genital warts and herpes transmit via close skin-to-skin contact so no penetration required. With that being said it's very highly unlikely you're going to get it from toliet seats.

yes, if someone has herpes/cold sores on their lips and performs oral sex on you then you can get hsv1 on your genitals if they are shedding the virus at that time (and get it on your lips if kissing).

best thing to do is have the person you're about to have sex with do a full std panel testing. know each other status first. even if someone has herpes there are things you both can do to minimize transmission. 😃

• Posted

Okay thanks! The toilet seat thing really freaked me out. So u defo cant get it from that?

• Posted

I've never gotten an std via toliet seats. use the plastic covers and if there is fluid on the toliet seats then go use the next toliet. 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.