Can we compare CP experiences?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with CP. My doctors currently are not doing much to help, although I do see someone soon about possibly getting a celiac plexus block. My doctors have put me on Creon and Phenegren for nausea. Nothing for pain. I find myself going to the ER once every 1-2 months because the pain and nausea get overwhelming. They do bloodwork, declare it's not a case of AP and send me home. I feel like an idiot everytime it happens, but I honestly do not know what else to do.

What I want to know is how does this compare with your CP experience? When do you feel it is time to go to the ER? Or do you? Are there any doctors out there who will treat the pain medicinally or have all the crackheads ruined it for everyone? I guess I am just looking for some help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your on Facebook there is a brilliant support group just type in 'chronic pancreatitis support' and join the group. You will get so much info and answers from other sufferers. I don't think many people are on this site compared to the Facebook one. You will get answers straight away, any time of day/night. Best of luck to you
  • Posted

Hi Bill, when you go to the ER are they doing blood work? Lipase levels are one of the major signs of CP. Curious because a lot of ER's will not run blood work. Also, keep in mind the these levels will be high mostly while having an attack. So having your regular doctor order blood work while not during an attack can be misleading. Good luck and find a good GI! 
  • Posted

First of all, I'm so sorry for your pain, and second, clearly you have a valid reason for your pain. Chronic or acute, you have the right to be treated for your pain. If there is a good pain mgmt. clinic in your area, ask your doctor for a referal to go there, or find a doctor who is willing to do so. It's medical neglect to not accomodate you if you don't have a history of prescription abuse. I've been in your shoes. This can be reported to the medical board when you have a chronic, very painful medical condition that is ignored. See if the ER can be any help there in documenting the need for pain mgmt. It isn't idealistic having to visit the ER frequently. At one time I was having to go to the ER once a week. Don't give up until you get the help you deserve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.