Can yeast cause sores this bad or is it something else?

Posted , 10 users are following.

i have been to the er and had a brief genital exam (PTSD episode + pain cut it short and she only was able to swab for yeast) i 100% have a yeast infection but i also developed these sores which are gradually getting bigger and some hove connected into tears. sometimes there are white growths or some such inside them that seems like a collection of yeast and can come off? but I'm not sure, it doesn't seem like pus. they are extremely painful, i cant urinate or move without crying. I am currently waiting for the results of a full STD panel but i don't know how i could have gotten one as i have only had one partner in all my life who has none of my symptoms. the yeast infection is still ongoing and its been 5 days, to the point I've been prescribed a second antifungal and I'm on antivirals just in case but none of it is helping. i have no family history of anything that would cause genital ulcers that i know of. The most i have to go off of is my mom said something similar happened to her but the sores from a yeast infection she described are different from what i have. I'm super scared right now and appreciate any options.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

looks to be very painful. Looks herpetic in nature to me. Did they swab you for herpes? When were you last sexually active with said partner?

• Posted

it has been excruciating and only just starting to hurt less bit im not sure if its healing. they swabbed a sore for a culture during my er visit. im also waiting for results from a blood test fir other possible stis/stds. we were last sexually active five or six days ago, but had to stop because i was in pain. this started along with the yeast infection shortly after. hes also getting tested but his appointment isn't for a few days and he's convinced this is just from yeast. we're both genuinely lost on how i and possibly we could have something.

• Posted

it has been excruciating and only just starting to hurt less bit im not sure if its healing. they swabbed a sore for a culture during my er visit. im also waiting for results from a blood test fir other possible stis/stds. we were last sexually active five or six days ago, but had to stop because i was in pain. this started along with the yeast infection shortly after. hes also getting tested but his appointment isn't for a few days and he's convinced this is just from yeast. we're both genuinely lost on how i and possibly we could have something.

• Posted

i hope you get your results soon and have answers and a plan of action for healing. positive thoughts for you. hope the pain subsides very soon!!

• Posted

hopefully you'll be able to get more answers once your results are in. if you wouldn't mind sharing what the doctors say? I have previously experienced a sore with my yeast infection but the nurse said it was skin reaction from the moistness and yeast my skin had become extremely sensitive.

• Edited

Did you figure out what this was?? im having the same issues right now and they dknt know what it is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.