can Yogurt irritate Tonsil Stones (pits)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dairy food is said to be best avoided for those of us prone to food (+ bacteria) getting trapped in pits or holes in our Tonsils (known as Tonsil Stones). Is yogurt to be avoided, as it is a dairy food?

Yogurt (plain, unsweetened) has helpful bacteria for the digestive system. I'm hoping it's not necessary to stop eating it daily?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz just wanted to let you know that I am a huge fan of fage Greek yoghurt & only get tonsil stones when I eat it as it is very thick. Most other yoghurts dont cause them.

• Posted

Many thanks, alison11238 - great relief that average thickness, plain yogurts probably won't collect in tonsil pits.

I'm wondering if liquidising pumpkin seeds (also nuts, such as almonds) would make the fragments small enough not to stay in tonsil pits. Wonder if anyone here has positive experience of this...?

Holland and Barrett shop assistant mentioned she makes pumpkin seed 'butter' by liquidising, then eats it on toast. I don't have a liquidiser, so would appreciate knowing if that works for others with enlarged, spongy tonsils.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.