Can you always see a fissue from outside?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a chronic anal pain 2019 and had a number of operations / investigations which culminated in them confirming a chronic fissure and me getting Botox which seemed to cure the problem for the last year except for a few minor bits of bleeding I have been fine.

In October this year up to today I felt exactly the same symptoms, burning, irritation which starts with a BM but is now lasting almost all day and worse when I sit down and very light bleeding on the toilet paper 50% of the time. After trying GTN cream for 6 weeks which was prescibed over the phone I went to the GP for an examination but the Dr said that they could not see any broken skin so they weren't convinced it is a fissure.

When they did the finger test it was painful in but it felt like it was further inside. My question is could this be a fissure that is further inside my anal canal or does it have to be visible from the outside for it to be a fissure?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think a fissure can be either inside or outside anal canal

I have similar symptoms but fissure and skin tag visible to my GP. If I withhold a BM even for a few minutes I know when I pass it I will see bright red blood on paper and experience sharp pain.

This causes me stress and anxiety but my GP is unconcerned. Can anyone suggest what I can do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.