Can you become "immune" to the sedating effect of mirtazapine?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can't think of the correct word that i wanted to use but basically what i'm trying to say is can you become immune to the sedating effect of mirtazapine? Been taking it for nearly six weeks now and it has been great for my sleep, (helping me to fall asleep quickly), but lately i have been having difficulty falling to sleep again, i have found a few times that i feel wide awake late at night making it difficult to fall asleep. So wondering if a person gets used to the sedating effect of mirtazapine? I have previously suffered severe insomnia from depression and anxiety and i dread to think that it is coming back.

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

We all do Sunset don't worry. Keep checking in and any help you need we are here for you.

Stu.

• Posted

Still on the Mirtazipine? If so, what dosage? I tried it for 7 days at 15mg but couldn't get past the headaches. Is that something that goes away? Maybe I should have given it more of a chance.

Would be very interested in hearing your current status.

• Posted

Hi sunset it's possible that you become immune to any medication not saying you are but very possible medications are so unpredictable I just got off mirt due to weight gain only my second day and still sleeping great yet I may still have some mirt in my system maybe increase the dose but talk to your Dr first good luck to you let me know okay Cat196111

• Posted

Thinking a year on mirtaz hasnt got rid of depression so need a change.  Will it be easy to get off, or change?  Dont want sleep to be disrupted again
  • Posted

Yea, I've been on 45 mg of mitt good about 7 months now at first they worked brill but after a while they were having less effect as my body was getting used to the dosage. As I was on full dose, there wasn't any where to go but to reduce, and then start increasing again in hope they will work. If u are on a lower dose u should increase to get them working again. Hope they work for u , good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.