Can you buy cold packs for ankles?

Posted , 6 users are following.

If so where from?

It would be great to have something that wraps around your ankle that could be put in the freezer. Does such a thing exist or will I have to invent one?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I use the jell packs that u can re-freeze they are around 4-5 inches wide and close to a foot long put them on ankle and wrap with ace bandage. Hope this helps
    • Posted

Thank you Elwood. I hope you go on ok with your ankle transplant. Be prepared for a long long recuperating time. Ankles seem to be one of the worst injuries & require much patience.
    • Posted

Hope it's not that long the place I work for will only hold my job for 12 months. Working people don't stand a chance anymore
    • Posted

Fingers crossed. My husband broke his hand at work sacked him within 3 months. I'm recovering from broken leg from 9 months ago. Him the hand 8 months ago. Both non unions. Both surgery. Me with bone graft. Gotta stick up for ourselves. No one seems to give a s"*+*. This site great for support.

©{°^°}©

• Posted

Look on this site under Ankle replacement discussions to judge how it affected others & possible timescale. Although we do all vary on recovery. Good luck & hope all goes well for you. 😁
    • Posted

Thank you!! I have gone to many sites on the results of TAR surgery. If kinda funny you read some really good results then u read horror stories. I'm staying positive about it. Not looking for a miracle would just like to be out of pain cause around all the Drs say is take ibuprofen they don't seem to understand. Wish they could walk on it for a day. Lol. Thanks again
    • Posted

Yes please stay positive. I have done really well myself & so lucky it is working when it's supposed to according to the weeks since op. Yes I can't yet walk unaided (walker) BUT I am so GRATEFUL that I can walk on my bad leg/foot. Yes it swells, yes it aches but so what I can WALK!

Thank the lord I can walk. 😁 🌹 🌻

• Posted

Thanks so much for your response good to hear positive results. What make of replacement did you get. I think the dr I am seeing uses the INBONE system
    • Posted

After nearly 9 months post fibula snap, ankle dislocation, massive bruising, then 4.5 months post bone graft, plates and 6 screws, I don't even notice my broken leg apart from when I let it get cold, even cool.

Its the damned bakers cyst on the other leg that I can't straighten and is damned uncomfortable that gets me. My broken gave out on me last week cause I don't notice the pathetic withered looking weak thing.

Lucky I can't feel it? Not sure. Nuisance other leg is stopping process. Yes I can walk with walker. Broken leg way more active tho. Gotta drag other one.

@(-+-)@

• Posted

I bought a cold compression cuff from Amazon £ 23 ish amazing piece of kit  

wraps around whole ankle and inflates if necessary 

• Posted

just found out how to share this photo of my compression cuff 😀
    • Posted

Cheers. And you got away with it!. I'm being censored a lot. Looks great.

@(*+*)@

• Posted

Ali, I live in US.  I got one from Wal greens.  It's a multi-purpose hot and cold neo prene wrap w/gel pack.  It has a gel pack that inserts in to a pocket of a long soft, yet sturdy, sleeve like wrap with a v elcro closure.  You wrap around ankle as tightly as you want and it stays there.  You can ice gel pack or even heat in microwave (havn't tried for heat yet).  No falling off. Best part is you can walk with it on, even when in shoes.  It's the bomb.  I even use it when I have to go for a quick trip to store, stays securly on even when I drive.  Don't know where you live but highly recommend if you can find it. 
    • Posted

Guess I can reply to self, LOL!!  The one I mentioned is on amaz on as A CE Compress Multi Purpose Wrap, Cold/Hot. It's blue.  Does not cover the heel as the one Gill pictured which may be better dependig on your need & type of surgery.  I like mine one as I mentioned because I can use when I'm in shoe (vs boot) and out of house.  I just got in a shoe and am PWB.  Easy to roll up and store in my belly bag if need to take off when out, on one crutch when out and about.  Other one looks great too, especially if NWB and need more compression as the one I have in light on compression, main purpose to ice.  Good luck.      
    • Posted

Hi Angela I'm in the UK, but broke my ankle in Florida, Micky M was chasing me out of the Magic Kingdom at the end of the night when I fell over & broke my ankle.

Whilst over there we used Walgreen's quite a lot even my walker was bought there! If I'd have realized I'd have looked for ice pack there but was in a cast so didn't need one.

Have just been on Amazon & ordered 2 ankle cold compresses one to wear & walk & one to elevate & wear. So hopefully they will do the trick. 🌼

• Posted

Aha, good ole Mickey Mouse at it again!  I live in Florida but down South in Boca Raton, about 3 hours from Disney / Magic Kingdom.

You did good on ordering both. I think they will make things much easier for you in more ways than one!! 

Best of luck in your recovery. 

• Posted

Hi Ali, 

you really take the prize for your story of how you did your injury!  Being chased by Mickey Mouse!  I hope Magic Kingdom looked after you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.