Can you catch the norovirus before the infected person becomes sick?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a guy in my house installing flooring the past two days. Today he cancelled on me saying he has the stomach virus. I have bad health anxiety and scared I will become sick. He was not sick while at my house. He felt pretty healthy during the job. I have cleaned everything just in case. Obviously we didn’t share anything. A family member seems to think I will be okay because at the time he was not physically sick to spread the virus. Is it possible to get sick from someone before they become sick?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sure you will be just fine. 

• Posted

Thanks. Some people are saying yes but not sure how I could because they are not actually sick for me to become into contact
  • Posted

Yes it is wen a bacteria airborn u both can react differently
    • Posted

I’ve also heard the norovirus is not airborn but because he was not physically sick while in my house I hope I don’t catch it or anyone in my house. 
    • Posted

Try not to worry as that will make you sick.

Look after yourself with healthy diet etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.