can you claim any benifits if you have under active thyriod

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi can you claim any benifits if you have a under active thyriod , ive been placed on levothyroxin plus which doesnt seem to help with tiredness and feeling low, i feel i most probably sleep all day ans stil feel tired , the doctor has also found my vitamin d very low so im also on a high strength of them to try and pick me up , my asthma is out of control im using my blue inhaler almost every time i walk from room to room its driving me up the wall all of it , also having flashes in front of my eyes and the dull aches in my joints the doctor just says it the thyriod and it takes a while for the medication to settle

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You are able to claim for free prescriptions but I dont know of anything else. I felt shocking this time last year and was in the same boat. once my thyroxine was increased and my TSH levels came down to 4 from 20 all the symptoms improved. hang in there and keep pestering the dr, you know your body .

• Posted

thank you for your reply ,, how long did it take for you to feel an improvement in your health ive been on thyroxine since november

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.