can you describe your pain??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got asked this question today by my manager. Never had to describe it before to anyone! I said it depends, if its specifically my right bowel its like an achy throbbing pain but in general, my whole tummy feels like it has toothache, like a dull ache all the time. I spared her the feeling I get when im due a trip to the loo, cos thats a red hot crampy burning pain or when I have wind so bad I cant sit on my bum!! Just curious, how would you describe your pain?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo, 

I think you have described the pain very well- a constant dull throbibing ache that never seems to go away, so i am always becoming more and more tense as time goes on. It is sometimes so bad i cannot bend down properly. The constant walk to the toilet at work can be embarrasing as well as painful. It all happens in silence.

• Posted

Strangely I said that today, it all happens in silence. Except of course for when my gut decides to make a long wooshing sound or a trump sound haha. Its always extremely noisy! I cannot remember a day when I wasnt actually aware of that dull achy uncomfortable feeling sad
    • Posted

Yes Jo, it just grew on me slowly more and more!:-( Anyhow, it could be worse i say!
    • Posted

Yes Jo thank you, sometimes easier said than done!! But yes, it is trtue.

The pain in silence is the difficulty for me.

• Posted

Hi Jo

I know the feeling, I get the pain on the right side and it is like severe period pains and when I need the loo its like someone is trying to disembowel me, the only light relief is when my bottom speaks and its so loud I nearly kill myself laughing, luckily I have a very understanding family and a daughter who has the same state of mind as me and finds it hilarious. Better to laugh than cry I think, I have just had a bad flare-up so my bum has been singing for England 

• Posted

Haha singing for england, I like that, mine sings for the whole of the uk some days! Luckily, working in a nursery I get to blame the smell on small people wink
  • Posted

Hi Jo

I could try and blame my husband or my 4 cat babies but I always manage to say WHOOPS when I have done it must remember to keep my gob shut hahaha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.