Can you develop new side effects to Zoloft?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking Zoloft for approximately 5-6 months. Started out at a 50mg dose then after a few months I went up to 75mg and about one month ago I went up to 100mg. 

My question is, has anyone experienced new or worsened side effects after upping doses even after taking the medication for some time? I feel like in the last few weeks I have started becoming very tired throughout the day. It’s worth mentioning that when I changed over to 100mg I also started taking the Zoloft at 8am as opposed to 10pm. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

For sure upping the dosage will further express a symptom compared to before. I also had upped my dosage at one point and had experienced greater tiredness from that. The other thing is that somebody said taking it can have a drowsiness effect so maybe try changing the time back to night to see if it changes? Otherwise it could be more to do with the larger dose, or maybe both if you see some improvement.
  • Posted

Hi ,

I’ve been taking Zoloft for 6 months too

I started with 50mg then 100 , 125 and now 150mg.

Every time we increased the dose I’m getting lots of side effects and usually my depression or my anxiety became worse for some days (maybe weeks)

What kind of side effects you got exactly?

How have you been feeling with this medication.

Have you noticed a lot of improvement since the beginning?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.