can you diagnose my problem from my symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Bio, history and symptoms:

30 year old female - weight: 46 kg - height: 163 cm

Dizziness

Sometimes nausea

Suffered from constipation for 8 months but then my stool got too soft for months. Now sometimes I get dirreha.

Bloated belly

Sometimes I feel pain around my belly button but not very often

Sometimes when I see food (specially if I go out to eat with my friends or when I'm at a party) I feel nauseous and sweat like I can't breath and I would get out of that place. I also may feel like that when I'm at a stressful situation like a meeting or a job interview.

Everything started about over a year ago, I traveled to another country for 7 months, got homesick, lost some weights in a few months (5 kg), went through a sad breakup, suffered from depression for months, even had suicidal thoughts a few times but now I feel alright and happy like finally I moved on. I don't think about the past anymore and even if I sometimes do, I don't feel sad about it. But my physical condition is not alright. I can't go to work, to parties, traveling ... this is stopping me from living a normal life. I quit any job I got after a few days because I felt nauseous, dizzy, bad headaches, or had stomachache as I started going to work. I have been unemployed for a long time. I used to be such an energetic woman, working over 8 hours a day, I traveled a lot, been on long trips without any serious problems. Despite the fact that I always suffered from motion sickness (since my childhood).

I have seen different doctors and I think they can't diagnose my problem properly. One of them said it's IBS and told me to take care of my diet. The other said I got mental obsessions and I'm not sick so I should see a psychiatrist! But none of these helped me so far. They ran some tests: blood test & sonogram. The sono showed my liver, kidneys, stomach were good. Blood showed lack of ferritin. Mine is 10.

Lymphocytes is 45 indicated as High but the doctor said it's not important.

I resist taking any anti depressants pills. I'm totally against them.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lviaz

Get your ferretin evels to a normal level 10 is low this is why you feel nauseas, headaches and dizziness get your B12 tested at the same time both are connected...best wishes....

• Posted

Thank you. Honestly after posting last night I kinda got my answer too that it must be the ferretin. Because I Sometimes run out of breath, my heart starts racing, I feel weak and out of energy most of the time and need to sleep a lot.

The doctor prescribed me iron supplements but when I take them I get constipated and that's why I stopped using them. Any solution to that?

• Posted

Hi Lvlaz

You can obviously eat foods containing iron..but you can get liquid ferretin that will not cause constipation. You can get it from Holland and Barratt health store......best wishes.....

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like IBS especially since your tests have been normal, you have had a lot of stress, anxiety, panic attacks, and depression.  Anxiety can trigger IBS and it will make IBS worse.  Try a food diary as you suggested by your doctor because this can pinpoint food intolerances which are coomon with IBS.  You could also try the Fodmap diet.

Try distraction techniques such a listening to music, walking and a hobby.  Exercise can help with your mood and takes your mind off your stomach woes. Try an antispasmodic like buscopan and painkillers like nurofen.  You may have to try several to find the one that suits you.

I am a very anxious person and I have had occasional bouts of depression. I am.a writer and I use a lot of humour in my poems to satirise things that have stressed me so that it doesn't trigger my flare ups of IBS.  I don't touch anti depessants either because I react badly to a lot of prescribed medicines.  

Change your doctor to get diagnosed.  No doctor should tell you to see a psychiatrist without investigating your physical symotoms first.  If you are low in ferritin (iron). Ask for iron tablets and eat iron rich foods such as like lettuce and, cabbage.  Another  food containing iron is liver but that is an acquired taste.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.