Can you die from GERD?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Now I'm simply out of my mind with worry. It's been 7 months since my first diagnosis. Another doctor told me I may have gallstones, went tested for that and the doctors couldn't find a thing. Went back to the doctor and was once again told that if nothing else I have GERD. I have done everything from losing weight to raising my bed and dieting yet I am still unable to breathe properly, still have a burning sensation in my chest and stomach and I am at my wits end. At this point I am convinced I am dying. The PPIs I've been prescribed only make me feel worse.

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had an endoscopy. Everything was fine. Now I just have too much acid. It's terrible
    • Posted

There are two natural things that people have recommended for this acid problem.  Milk thistle and slippery elm. 

If this is your only symptom that you have then you are fortunate.  This is also what I'm dealing with as my last symptom.  I had to go back on an acid blocker because I was worried that my stomach was going to get damaged for the acid.

But, I only take the acid blocker to protect my stomach while I sleep.  That's when the damage take place.

I take a small dose 2 hours after dinner.  It's important that you make acid to digest your meals.

By taking the acid blocker after dinner I am protected while I sleep and my stomach is not sore in the morning.  During the day, if I have any acid feeling in my stomach, I deal with it in other ways.  A small sip of bicarbonate of soda in water, an ice cold glass of water which can shock the stomach and shut it down for a while or chewing gum to keep the acid down in the stomach, and small meals can soak up the acid.

You may have a form of gastritis, which is inflamation of, or damaged stomach lining.  Until it heals, you will feel the acid.  So, the goal is to give your stomach the enviornment it needs to heal.

• Posted

You mentioned chewing gum. I have found Elma Mastic gum from Greece really does help. You can get it from that big book company in the States. I have come across this mentioned in quite a few posts.
  • Posted

you and me have the same problem. i take alots of medicine unfortunately no affect from me until, i remembered back home if you are suffering from ulcer drink evaporated milk. i drink 170g carnation evaporated milk every morning for 3weeks now. im telling you it help my breathing broblem, burping,chest pain and acid in my tummy are all disappered, but, im warning you, you really need to use the toilet before and after 3hour you drink the milk it will loosen you bowel it flush very thing inside you tummy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.