Can you feel your cyst??

Posted , 4 users are following.

The only reason I ask is beacuse of late ive been feeling a lump which feels more like a fat stumpy sausage when I lie down.

My cyst is on the right side and when last scanned in Dec it was only 4.5cm and i'm waiting for another scan.

When I lie down I can feel it across from my pubic bone/pelvis??

Just wondering what peoples experience is?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have a 3.7 cm Endometrioma on my right ovary and I can feel it all the time. That's what lead to me be being diagnosed with it. Went to my Gp and said felt like something was sitting on my stomach. Worse when lay down can't wait to get it out!!

• Posted

Hey thanks for the reply - I tang the local hospital yesterday to enquire on waiting times and its about 3 weeks so i'm looking forward to seeing what has happened since Dec.

I had an Ultrascan in Oct and an mri in dec, it had grown in between those dates but because on the mri report it said 'blood filled' the Gyno said it would of gone! In Oct I was told is was Dermoid and originally in 2010 I was just tols that I had one.

I've researched cysts so much that I feel ready to see what's happened and to prove the flipping Gyno wrong that is hasn't gone, I shouldn't say but i'm hoping it has grown and it is dermoid so I can ring him and tell him! I am on the waiting list for removal but if its dermoid/grown I want my records updating to say so.

• Posted

I have a blood filled cyst they call it an endometrioma. I was told that these or dermoid cysts don't go away on there own and in fact keep growing. They can burst which makes it an emergency. The fact that you can feel it now indicates it's grown. You be so happy to get to the bottom of it. My gyno said surgery the only option so I'm on a 3 month waiting list for my surgery. I feel your pain they are horrible things. Can't believe they have left you so long. They will update your records im sure!! I'd be asking for a photo of your dermoid when they take it out I think they are fascinating I never knew they existed

• Posted

Thanks, I do feel left behind a little bit. I had to fight to get on the waiting list, the gyno said 'oh that cyst has more than likely gone' without even looking into my history or even asking me how I feel!

Both him and the doctor say my cyst is a 'red herring' and wouldn't be causing me pain but non theless, I still want it out (id its still there according to him!)

I have to rule it out as i'm in daily discomfort in exactly that place, radiates around the back too

• Posted

It wasn't there last night when I lay down but back before I needed to empty my bladder. Weird!

• Posted

It may be you feel it when your bladder ot bowel are full and you need to empty one or both.(Pressure pain). Cysts, especially dermoids can be painful and don't go on their own as they are solid matter, (don't burst)! They contain bone, skin, hair,nail tissue etc. My grandaughter had one removed several years ago and is fine now. Best wishes, X rolleyes

• Posted

Hey thanks for the reply (we have chatted before)

It's been a week now since i was referred for my ultrascan at my local hospital, they have a 3 wek wait so i'm hoping to hear any day of an appoint.

I'm anxious to know if in fact it ever was a dermoid cyst and if not if it has gone like the Gyno said!

• Posted

Hi Mason. I was told a cyst had shrunk when I phoned for information after a 2nd second scan. When I went in to have it removed plus ovaries and tubes, a few weeks later it had grown by 1-2 centimeters! It was a simple cyst but I was 72 at the time and family history of O C. I needed some reassurance at the time I suppose being worried as we all are. They can't always tell what type of cyst until they get in there so it's a waiting game unfortunatley. They were very kind to me and one of the registrars came to see me later and showed me the photos taken during the laparoscopy. Amazing pics and THAT did reassure me, not the comments on the phone. I recovered quickly from the op and now waiting to go in for pelvic floor surgery to repair vag vault and rectocele prolapses. It seems there's always something to worry about, who'd be a woman? rolleyes Hope your wait is not too long. Best wishes, Poll. x smile

• Posted

I was admitted overnight with severe pain about a month ago. Doctor was prodding and poking my tummy area and couldn't find anything. I had a scan and CA125 blood tests done. Half the blood tests came back normal still not had the rest. I was diagnosed with a 12.2cm Dermoid Ovarian Cyst. Was sent for an MRI scan a week ago so now waiting for results and follow up gynecologist appointment. Was told 6 weeks wait! Saw my GP next day who gave me a lot of leaflets on ovarian cancer! This has made me feel so anxious, I only wanted more painkillers! This doctor also told me in November last year "I have IBS just live with it" but luckily I didn't give up. I just want to see the gynecologist asap to find out what's going on so I know what I'm dealing with. My cyst sticks out when I get up from lying down it's horrible. Just want it out!

• Posted

Hi, I'm on Zapain at home it's 30mg codeine with 500mg paracetamol x2 every 4 to 6 hours but was on morphine in hospital. Zapain does seem to take the edge off a bit but does make me drowsy too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.