Can you get withdrawl from pregabalin after taking it for only 3 days?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

I recently picked up a trapped nerve in my thigh. As a result I was prescribed 100mg of pregabalin. Well, I took the drug for 3 days and had such horrendous side effects, decided to stop. But have felt really bad almost ever since.

However at the same time I have been battling coming off mirtazapine (for depression) which has been extremely hard and painful. Perhaps the symtoms I have experienced could be from the mirtazapine. I am now down to 0.08mg. Prior to taking the pregabalin though I was doing ok.

I been off the pregabalin now for 14 days.

Can anyone help at all? Not sure what's going on and what I should do?

Thanks

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Andy, it is said that ita takes at least a week before the full effects of Pregabalin can take hold on the Nervous System and Brain, so I think it highly unlikely after only 3 days that this will have had any lasting effect esp' in terms of withdrawals which should be absent.

Are you experiencing any?

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Thanks for all your comments. Yes have had absolutely horrendous withdrawal symptoms.

I have also been weening off mirtazapine since march 2016. Which has proved really difficult but generally only had problems during first week.

At moment I have been on present dose for 4 weeks. So felt that it was unlikely to be the mirtazapine that was causing me to feel so bad.

Generally very confused!!!

• Posted

Hi Andy, I'm not surprised you have withdrawals from Pregabalin after taking it for 3 days only. This drug is such a poison, it seems capable of doing anything it wants. My experience of it is bitter and am still in WD's after 16 weeks off the drug.

So your experience must be due to Pregabalin. 

• Posted

nah you will be ok pregabalin take 1wk at least to alter your brain but these are some serious withdrawals once addicted been on these 4yrs after detox from vodka. 600mg daily is maxium dose and fells lots worse than alcohol with even 25mg reductions. Been on 30mg Diazepam and 45mg Zispin 12yrs 8yrs of which Alcoholic aswell and for certain Pregabalin combined has kept me off alcohol. Unfortunatly damage done all the abuse from the 8yrs off mixing benzo's speed alcohol has caused severe epilepsy, benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome and all the reasons i was who i was have returned CNS impossible to ever fix only goodthing is my G.P been so understanding even after nasty letters from hospital dr's over the dosage & amounts off diazepam nitrazepam methadone pregabalin hydroxine zispin valporate prescribed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.